Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

"Knee Mortar" Ammo Pouches

Article about: These are some really hard to find items and go for big bucks when you do. So far, I've noted three variations on the pouch itself. These being examples with only two belt loops, three belt

Default "Knee Mortar" Ammo Pouches

These are some really hard to find items and go for big bucks when you do. So far, I've noted three variations on the pouch itself. These being examples with only two belt loops, three belt loops and another that has a latch type of hold down instead of simple snaps. All are made in left & right configurations by the placement of the suspender ring. The suspender straps are left & right depending on the angle of the belt loop. They crossed going over the back and came straight down the front to help support the weight of the pouch. These pouches and suspenders used the standard infantry ammo belt. I've noted four variations of the sliding adjuster on the suspender these being made of brass, nickel plated steel, galvanized steel and black painted steel. They are dated on the leather belt loops but are not easily read. For many years I never even saw one of these suspenders but now have five of them. They are quite rare. Here are some photos you may enjoy.
    The photos got a little scrambled. Photo #1 is the backside of photo #6
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture "Knee Mortar" Ammo Pouches   "Knee Mortar" Ammo Pouches  

"Knee Mortar" Ammo Pouches   "Knee Mortar" Ammo Pouches  

Last edited by arisakadogs; 10-11-2017 at 07:51 PM.