Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Last ditch Naval Rinji

Article about: I was wondering if perhaps to cut down materials, that the Fuchi was modified to appear as if it had a Seppa? It appears the piece was assembled while the black paint was still wet or Tacky

Default Last ditch Naval Rinji

Tony, All fun aside there is a method to my madness The reason I ask about the bands beneath Tsuka's leather cover is because of this piece I have had for many years.
    I wonder if the straps are made of a similar material in the same style.

Thanks,Geoff
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Last ditch Naval Rinji   Last ditch Naval Rinji  

Last ditch Naval Rinji   Last ditch Naval Rinji  

?

Quote by Geoff Ward View Post
    The reason I ask about the bands beneath Tsuka's leather cover is because of this piece I have had for many years.
    Wow! What type of blade did you end up with on this one?
    last ditch naval rinji?

A bit rough but here are a few pics.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Last ditch Naval Rinji   Last ditch Naval Rinji  

?

Thanks for the additional pictures of the "last ditch" sword. The Tōkyō sword shops were all shut down by March 1945 because of bombing and this could have some bearing on the appearance of these swords. I wish more was known about these; alas, time marches on.
    昭和十八年二月 = 1943 February.

Thanks for all the feedback! My battery went dead last night so I wanted to post the other side of the Nakago. Does anyone have any info on this particular smith?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Last ditch Naval Rinji  

高正 Takamasa
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Last ditch Naval Rinji  

Thank you very much Nick!

Regards, Geoff

Another post with a bit more about Takamasa.

-- Guy

It is a small world.... these are photos of the same sword!! Are there any thoughts as far as whether or not it would be worth sending off for polish?

It is not exactly a thing of beauty... kind of an "Ugly Duckling" I really appreciate all the feedback and information! Beneath the crud it does appear to have a Hamon

Regards, Geoff

Hamon??

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast