Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Late War Type 99 Arisaka

Article about: Hello Friends, I hope you all are well Today. I went out earlier Today looking for goodies and came home with this. I have to say that i am very pleased with its condition. Hope you enjoy an

Default Late War Type 99 Arisaka

Hello Friends,

I hope you all are well Today. I went out earlier Today looking for goodies and came home with this. I have to say that i am very pleased with its condition. Hope you enjoy and i look forward to your replies.

Take care,

Mart

Late War Type 99 ArisakaLate War Type 99 ArisakaLate War Type 99 ArisakaLate War Type 99 ArisakaLate War Type 99 ArisakaLate War Type 99 ArisakaLate War Type 99 ArisakaLate War Type 99 ArisakaLate War Type 99 ArisakaLate War Type 99 ArisakaLate War Type 99 Arisaka

A nice rifle, and looks to be in great condition! Not often seen here in the U.K.
    Nice to see the chrysanthemum intact as well! On the rare occasion they turn up here, deactivated or otherwise, they're almost always scrubbed or vandalised.

B.B.

Nice 35th series Toyo Kogyo, a subcontractor to Kokura. Made during the last year. Has the stock been varnished? I picked one up a couple of weeks ago about 10,000 from your and my stock was varnished post war with similar sheen as yours. The mum on mine was ground. Thanks for posting.
    John

Thank you for your input, i do appreciate it. In my opinion it is the original finish. However, i am not a expert and may stand to be corrected.

Mart

?

Nice find !!
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

Think you did well martin! Does look to be in good condition and the mum is a real plus. Many ground off. Have read the actions are very strong on these rifles. Sure wish my friend would not have sporterized his but not highly prized back then as they are now. He paid twenty-five bucks for it in 1972!

?

I'm on the fence regarding stock finish. The hand holds look rounded & an indication of refinish

?

Stock refinish or not. An awesome looking non hacked or scrubbed mum. That's a great late war pick up Mart.
    Are the screws staked? If not take her apart and look at the finish under the barrel/bayo lug and mag well/trigger guard area for it's true colors.
    Either way I'm loven it!

I wish you and yours a Great 4th celebration

Semper Fi
    Phil

MAP
    ?

What a great find Mart. A fantastic add to your collection.

Where did you find it? Garage sale?
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Michael, are you following me again? LOL ;-) And when one goes to garage sales, it pays to wear the proper attire.

Late War Type 99 Arisaka

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast