Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Is this a legit authentically signed WWII Japanese personal Good Luck Flag (yosegaki hinomaru)?

Article about: Wondering if someone could give their assessment\\opinion as to the legitimacy of this particular WW2 Japanese Good Luck flag (yosegaki hinomaru ). Is it a authentically signed WW2 or prior f

Default Is this a legit authentically signed WWII Japanese personal Good Luck Flag (yosegaki hinomaru)?

Could someone give their assessment\opinion as to the legitimacy of this particular Japanese Good Luck flag (yosegaki hinomaru ). Is it a authentically signed WW2 or prior flag.

Flag made of an artificial silk material and is approximately 28 by 41 inches in size. The top section contains the declaration of "Prayers for Eternal Good Fortune on the Battlefield" but not sure as to the recipient name or any other notable sayings or declarations listed on this flag.

I'm thinking about acquiring it but need additional info and other expert assessments before committing.

Thanks for your assistance.

Is this a legit authentically signed  WWII Japanese personal Good Luck Flag  (yosegaki hinomaru)?

It would not be artificial silk, but real silk. The flag was presented to a Kinjiro Watanabe, an employee of Nitto-Boseki Textile Company's Tokuyama factory in Fukushima Prefecture (known for the 2011 nuclear power plant disaster) by his factory colleagues. You need not worry about this flag being a fake, it is good.

Thanks Nick, always appreciate your input.

Thank again Nick, I was able to confidently purchase the flag.

Here is what I was able to find online regarding the Nitto-Boseki Textile Company (Founded April 1918; 100 years ago)) from their website: BUSINESS INTRO - Nittobo

Company Info
    Become a group of companies that makes people feel,
    “I’m So Glad it Was Nittobo”
    Since its establishment as a textile manufacturer in 1923, Nittobo has accumulated and passed down technologies and expertise over many years, always perceiving the changing times as opportunity and, on every occasion, demonstrating a strong pioneering spirit while expanding its business such as glass fiber business and environment & health businesses.
    In overseas development, Nittobo is continuing its international activities by capturing new markets and expanding its bases of operation.

With globalization of the economy in progress, it is anticipated that competition will become even harsher and tough management conditions will continue, our challenge is to consider “how can we have customers feel new values” and deliver unique products required by society.

We always keep in mind that we create an environment where each individual can bring their strengths into full play and can cooperate each other with teamwork through corporate activities, and that we provide employees with opportunities for growth and self-realization and ensure that our employees have the time to lead healthy and rich lives.

We will continue to engage in management and business activities based on the management principles and the Nittobo Declaration, as we strive to become a corporate group that earns the trust of all of our stakeholders including customers, communities and shareholders so that they feel, “I’m so glad it was Nittobo.” We hope that we can count on your continued support as we pursue these initiatives.

Director,Representative and Chief Executive Officer
    Yuichi Tsuji

Wikipedia Article: Nitto Boseki - Wikipedia

Question

Facing the flag on the bottom left side, the kanji I've crudely circled in red (and I rotated for easier viewing) looks like it says "Good Luck in the Fortunes of War"...but the first character is throwing me. Or am I way off on this one and it says something different or is it a persons name?

Is this a legit authentically signed  WWII Japanese personal Good Luck Flag  (yosegaki hinomaru)?

Good eye!
    武運長久
    Ki Bu'un Chōkyū

The first kanji means prayers/wishes. Literally it means to pray.

--Guy

Thanks for the quick response Guy - much appreciated.

I found this on a LtCdr Watanabe Kenjiro 渡辺謙次郎
    but I would guess that name is common and it is a long shot that it is the same man.

Gunboats, Imperial Japanese Navy, World War II

Manned Suicide Submarine And the First American Ship ... - Michael Mair, Joy Waldron
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Is this a legit authentically signed  WWII Japanese personal Good Luck Flag  (yosegaki hinomaru)?  

?

An excellent example with plenty of work put into it
    REGARDS AL

We are the Pilgrims , master, we shall go
    Always a little further : it may be
    Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow
    Across that angry or that glimmering sea...

I wrote Kinjiro and you got Kenjiro. Family name is also written differently, so two totally unrelated people.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast