Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Is this a legit WWII Japanese personal Good Luck Flag?

Article about: Hello, I recently found this really cool flag that appears to date back to WWII. I really want to buy this but I want to make sure it isn't a fake first, cause all of my friends would think

Default Is this a legit WWII Japanese personal Good Luck Flag?

Hello, I recently found this really cool flag that appears to date back to WWII. I really want to buy this but I want to make sure it isn't a fake first, cause all of my friends would think I was a dope if I hung a fake flag on the wall.. The older gentleman said he bought the flag at auction and seems to be legit, but i'd like some expert knowledge before I make the step to purchase it. What do you guys think? Is it legit? And can anyone tell me a little about it if you can read it??

Is this a legit WWII Japanese personal Good Luck Flag?Is this a legit WWII Japanese personal Good Luck Flag?

Save your money. Stamp is the name Hayashi. Everything in hiragana except the date -- and the date kanji (Showa 18) is pretty elementary/unsophisticated (i.e., probably done by a GI).

-- Guy

Okay, so do you think it might be a newer replica made to look old? Or simply done by a poorer, less educated member of their military in the 40's?

MAP
    ?

Quote by ghp95134 View Post
    Save your money. Stamp is the name Hayashi. Everything in hiragana except the date -- and the date kanji (Showa 18) is pretty elementary/unsophisticated (i.e., probably done by a GI).

-- Guy
    Potentially a SeaBee creation Guy?
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I can’t tell for sure. It could be either a period-made “SeaBee Special” to fool GIs right after the war, or it could be a modern fake made to deceive.

— Guy

It's a ridiculously poor postwar fake done by a non-Japanese, most obviously by a GI. Characters are predominantly postwar and words are misspelled such as Banzei instead of Banzai.

You surely saved yourself from great embarrassment.

?

Quote by MAP View Post
    Potentially a SeaBee creation Guy?
    A few pics..
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Is this a legit WWII Japanese personal Good Luck Flag?   Is this a legit WWII Japanese personal Good Luck Flag?  

I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

A Seabee fake is light years ahead of this in sophistication. This is baby blabber in comparison.