manchukuo flag
    manchukuo flag
    manchukuo flag
    manchukuo flag
    manchukuo flag
    manchukuo flag
    manchukuo flag
    manchukuo flag
    Last edited by jeeplover; 01-12-2021 at 04:41 PM.

2 more
    manchukuo flag
    manchukuo flag

Interesting flag. I am not able to comment on originality but I like it. Never owned one before and not common in my parts. I thought from 1933 til 1945 but could be wrong on the puppet state years in Manchuria, China.
    John

I think it's a real deal. These flags were mostly destroyed in the native country. Did you find it in the US?

i got it from my guy in japan in the 3rd photo there is a stamp he thinks it is a arsenal stamp. he is very confident it is real he acknowledge himself there are lots of fakes floating around he is confident this is the real mccoy

Perhaps a real deal of a civilian party decoration, but no official flag, as the national flag of Manchuria established on 1st March 1932 had a profile ratio of 2:3 and was not square like this one.

Quote by nick komiya View Post
    Perhaps a real deal of a civilian party decoration, but no official flag, as the national flag of Manchuria established on 1st March 1932 had a profile ratio of 2:3 and was not square like this one.
    I am not going to disagree with Nick but when I researched this flag I did notice a 1:1 ratio flag considered the square national flag in addition to the 2:3 ration flag. The info I found could certainly be incorrect or misleading but I will post the link.
    Manchukuo (Japanese Puppet State in China)

John

.i like it i think it is ok. i never thought it was something carried in battle i thought it might be something someone puts on there front door to show patriotism. possibly a japanese solider took it home at the end of the war. or he sent it home what ever the case it wound up in japan was sold to me now it is mine.
    Last edited by jeeplover; 01-13-2021 at 01:11 AM.

Here's all the documentation you need from Manchukuo's government gazettes. Shown are the establishment of their official national flag and the later square flag, which marked their red cross outpost. The square flag was used only in conjunction with the red cross flag and flown on a L shaped flag post with a sleeve on top and side for the pipe to go through.

Your flag is, as I said earlier, a civilian flag, if original.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture manchukuo flag   manchukuo flag  

so it is the square flag that goes with the red cross flag. what is the accepted dimension? and are there any markings supposed to be on the flag? thank you very much. i tried to mess with color filters to see if I could get the stamp to pop I can not so I asked for more photos of the stamp not sure it will help it might be faded beyond recognition.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast