Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Maru-Ko fixed price tag on a silk flag

Article about: Good morning everyone, I really like when you go back and look at your items, you see things that maybe you have not noticed before, or have forgotten about. Here are some pictures of a civi

?

Default Maru-Ko fixed price tag on a silk flag

Good morning everyone,
    I really like when you go back and look at your items, you see things that maybe you have not noticed before, or have forgotten about. Here are some pictures of a civilian fixed price tag as found on a wartime silk flag. Thanks to Nick Komiya's super research and his willingness to share with the collecting community, I now understand what this tag is. If anyone would like to add anything else about it, that would be great! Thanks,

PG-

Attachment 1533706Attachment 1533707Attachment 1533709Attachment 1533708Attachment 1533711Attachment 1533710Attachment 1533712Attachment 1533713Maru-Ko fixed price tag on a silk flag

?

Hi Paul. I can only see the one image of the tag in your post. The other attachments are not opening for me. I have never seen a Hinomaru no Yosegaki with a civilian price tag on it. Where is it located on the flag? Can you post pictures of the price tag, as attached to the flag? On a side note, I searched Nick's master reference list to see if he had a discussion on these price tags. I could not find it there. I then did a forum search and found his post from 2016, titled "War Time Labeling of Civilian Goods". Fascinating to read about this topic. If not already a sticky, perhaps it could be made one.

?

Hi Bobby,
    The other links are dead. I had a hard time getting the picture to orient correctly. You found the article that I was referring to, written by Nick Komiya. It has been pinned in the master reference to all of Nicks research he has posted. The tag is glued / sewn to the corner reinforcement. I will see if I can get a picture to load correctly for you.

PG-

?

Here you Go.

PG-Maru-Ko fixed price tag on a silk flag

The corner tab was the practical choice for these tags to be placed.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Maru-Ko fixed price tag on a silk flag