Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Is this a miniature Japanese star (from an order)?

Article about: I have a wild hunch that this is a miniature of a Japanese order of some sort. Thoughts?

?

Default Is this a miniature Japanese star (from an order)?

I have a wild hunch that this is a miniature of a Japanese order of some sort.

Thoughts?

Is this a miniature Japanese star (from an order)?Is this a miniature Japanese star (from an order)?

Postwar police emblem for suit lapel
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Is this a miniature Japanese star (from an order)?   Is this a miniature Japanese star (from an order)?  

?

Hi Nick, thanks for helping!

Can you tell me more of what this signifies and if there's a more official name for it? Meaning is it a form of rank or does that star on the lapel just mean that he's police? Is it a special type of police? Is this rare?

Thanks in advance.

No, nothing rare. All companies and organizations in Japan have lapel badges for business suits. Nothing to do with rank, but merely to show organizational affiliation. However in some cases, top executives might be issued a gold version vs. Silver.

?

I see, so then this is nothing special?

I've tried googling it but can't come up with the proper name for this. I've tried, 'Japanese Police Lapel Pin' and various version of that but nothing comes up.

Nothing special, every cop will have one. Worth about $8 in a Japanese auction.

?

Thanks Nick, appreciate the help.