Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

named Japanese Navy back pack

Article about: Here's a been there Navy back pack, has some writing on the bottom, it's had some field repairs. Thanks for looking.

Default named Japanese Navy back pack

Here's a been there Navy back pack, has some writing on the bottom, it's had some field repairs. Thanks for looking.named Japanese Navy back packnamed Japanese Navy back packnamed Japanese Navy back packnamed Japanese Navy back packnamed Japanese Navy back packnamed Japanese Navy back pack

It was issued in July 1945 to 森上元一(probably read as Morigami Motokazu) who was a seaman conscripted into the Kure induction/training corps. It was manufactured/accepted by the navy’s 2nd clothing depot which was located in Himeji (famous for Himeji castle) in Hyksos Prefecture.
    I read somewhere that the navy stopped issuing sea bags to its sailors late in the war and started issuing rucksacks instead, which is no wonder as the navy had hardly any ships still afloat by then.

Wow seems like a lot of wear for a late issue piece, once again you have amazed me. Thank you

It must have been used to carry the sailor’s belongings plus extra rice, etc. on his way home after he was demobilized or released from captivity and most likely used into the postwar era buying food on the black market, etc. hence the wear despite its late issue date.

Yeah i suspect your right, Thank you once more.