MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Navy Tunic?

Article about: This tunic is very different to the other navy tunic i see, the button be like army ones, in Nakata Book i see one picture in the page 121 any help for identified it is welcome thanks

?

Default Navy Tunic?

This tunic is very different to the other navy tunic i see, the button be like army ones, in Nakata Book i see one picture in the page 121 any help for identified it is welcome thanks
    Navy Tunic?Navy Tunic?Navy Tunic?Navy Tunic?Navy Tunic?

?

No one have info up this?

?

i try to make better picture of the stamp
    Navy Tunic?

I don't want to research navy uniforms, but I can tell you what Nakata's book says about it. He calls it an army marine engineer's jacket.

As explained before, amphibious landing operations were carried out by the army, not by the NLF. So within the Army engineer branch, they had men responsible for piloting landing crafts (they even had army submarines). These crew got special uniforms from June 1938, which was a short jacket and baseball style cap as shown below. Nakata is claiming the uniform was also for those men. They may have been issued such prototype jackets after the 1938 uniform, but chasing down such prototypes is too much work, so I am in no position to confirm or deny Nakata's claim.

However, pockets seem to be intended for carrying handgrenades, so it definitely looks like a combat uniform.

With clearer markings to show the year of manufacture, it normally becomes possible to narrow down archival searches to certain years, but the markings are too faint to allow me to do that, so currently the search area is too wide for me to conduct research, sorry.

These landing craft operators became independent from the Engineer branch in the Pacific War and became Army Marines in 1943.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Navy Tunic?   Navy Tunic?  

?

sewing thread is black it is normal or the button not be from the tunic?
    Navy Tunic?

thanks

That is not army thread and likely indicates postwar replacement.

?

looking stamp and this replacement can be possibly before the tunic have anchor buttons?

I don't see any original navy markings, so it could have even had Mickey Mouse buttons for all I know. Stick to the facts and if you need to jump to conclusions, please do that without me.

?

Quote by nick komiya View Post
    I don't see any original navy markings, so it could have even had Mickey Mouse buttons for all I know. Stick to the facts and if you need to jump to conclusions, please do that without me.
    i ask for learn i not make any conclusion please relax you

Possibly named to Okubo? I adjusted the colors to see if anything could be seen. All I can see is a probable name. Perhaps Nick might be able to guess at the other kanji based on shape? [I've been able to do that a few times when I knew what the suspected text might be.]

小久保
    Okubo

???

--Guy
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Navy Tunic?  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast