Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Need help on this ww2 Japanese helmet

Article about: This helmet is part of a grouping I might get and was wondering what type of Japanese helmet is this, I know nothing of Japanese ww2 stuff so any help would be great

Default Need help on this ww2 Japanese helmet

This helmet is part of a grouping I might get and was wondering what type of Japanese helmet is this, I know nothing of Japanese ww2 stuff so any help would be great

That is a civilian air raid helmet like this one Japanese helmet The two characters on the front seem to say Tokyo, but the bottom character is too faint to read, so it could also be saying Toho, the Godzilla movie company (logo below). Anyway the helmet has very little value as a common item.
    Attached Images Attached Images Need help on this ww2 Japanese helmet 

Guy said the items were found in a flak bunker so is it ww2 era or post war?

Quote by chevyfan2k9 View Post
    Guy said the items were found in a flak bunker so is it ww2 era or post war?
    A "post war" air raid helmet would be an oxymoron like a peaceful war.

Chevyfan, are you so disappointed that you have to act like a child who cannot even remember to say thanks to someone who spent time answering your question? Forget about coming back here again.

Quote by chevyfan2k9 View Post
    This helmet is part of a grouping I might get and was wondering what type of Japanese helmet is this, I know nothing of Japanese ww2 stuff so any help would be great

This is a really good grouping.
    These lids are a "bit" less expensive than the traditional army or navy types.
    Very cool, its a nice find.

Quote by nick komiya View Post
    Chevyfan, are you so disappointed that you have to act like a child who cannot even remember to say thanks to someone who spent time answering your question? Forget about coming back here again.

That's alittle rude isn't it nick, just because I didnt reply back with thanks for the info, who's childish here nick? But anyways here's your thank you

Quote by NunoGTI View Post
    This is a really good grouping.
    These lids are a "bit" less expensive than the traditional army or navy types.
    Very cool, its a nice find.

Thanks but I ended up passing on it, guy was offering it for a German m35 luff helmet I have