Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

New Navy Field Cap

Article about: Waited impatiently for this to arrive from U.K. ! Nice salty cap with added black stripe for petty officer. A very unusual example

?

Default New Navy Field Cap

Waited impatiently for this to arrive from U.K. ! Nice salty cap with added black stripe for petty officer. A very unusual example
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Navy Field Cap   New Navy Field Cap  

New Navy Field Cap   New Navy Field Cap  

New Navy Field Cap   New Navy Field Cap  

New Navy Field Cap  

?

Jareth, very nice! interesting anchor and love the field promotion added stripe. is the interior cloth heavy cotton like those seen in Philippine made caps?

Named to
    山路
    Yamaji; could also be read as Yamamichi, but seems mostly Yamaji.

-- Guy

?

I only have one other similar cap. Insignia is completely different but interiors are similar. I won't speculate as to where either cap was made.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Navy Field Cap   New Navy Field Cap  

?

Great looking caps Jareth, I love these unusual insignias. Nice to see where it was unstitched to add the stripe and then hand sewn.

Regards

Russ

Quote by Jareth View Post
    I only have one other similar cap. Insignia is completely different but interiors are similar. I won't speculate as to where either cap was made.
    上曹福*
    Jōsō Fuku*
    CPO Fuku~
    上曹 is a contraction of 上等兵曹 Jōtōheisō: Chief Petty Officer.

The surname Fuku~ is something like Fukuda; Fukushima; if there is no other kanji following , then there are other special pronunciations (see link).

-- Guy

?

Guy, thanks! Here's full photo
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Navy Field Cap  

Quote by Jareth View Post
    Guy, thanks! Here's full photo
    福谷
    Fukutani [i.e., "Lucky Valley"]

-- Guy

Jareth, nice caps - great look to the field promotion Petty Officer! Just love the creative "improv" utilized by the owners. I have seen several where the black material looked to be made from an old IJN tie. Good find for sure

Wherever this type comes from they all seem to have the same characteristics. Yellowish lining and a green outer that fades out to a light blue. They seem to all surface in the United kingdom as well. The enlisted example posted above has a heavily faded out ink stamp. If only it was readable. They are foreign made imo and rare at this point. I have only seen three of these. Mine, which is identical to Jareth's standard enlisted above. Then the P.O. cap above. I was very surprised to see it turn up on FB then e-bay. Many odd and rare items seem to have come home from Commonwealth areas of operation. Great cap!
    S

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast