Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Newly acquired small Japanese Flag and Naval Sleeve Badge

Article about: Gents, I got lucky again on my militaria hunt today. I was able to acquire these two items and will happily add them to my fledgling Japanese WWII collection. The flag measures approx 10&quo

Default Newly acquired small Japanese Flag and Naval Sleeve Badge

Gents,

I got lucky again on my militaria hunt today. I was able to acquire these two items and will happily add them to my fledgling Japanese WWII collection. The flag measures approx 10"x12" and has some Kanji on all four corners. (translation will be greatly appreciated)

The second item is a Japanese Naval Sleeve Insignia denoting the recipient was a Leading Seaman 1st Class. There is a small hole in the center where the cherry blossom pin was one attached.

Your input is always welcomed and thank you for allowing me to share with you all.

Regards,

Joel
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Newly acquired small Japanese Flag and Naval Sleeve Badge   Newly acquired small Japanese Flag and Naval Sleeve Badge  

Newly acquired small Japanese Flag and Naval Sleeve Badge   Newly acquired small Japanese Flag and Naval Sleeve Badge  

Newly acquired small Japanese Flag and Naval Sleeve Badge   Newly acquired small Japanese Flag and Naval Sleeve Badge  

Hopefully Nick can fill in the gaps. It looks like the flag was given as part of some sort of payment.

給付金ノ
    Kyūfukin no
    Payment/benefits of/for

The kanji in the third image (upside down) are too fuzzy to accurately read. All I can make out are

And I 'm taking a guess at the pink kanji. If correct, it would be some sort of Accounting Department Section.

--Guy

Guy,
    I thank you ever so much for your help. This is what I love about our forum.

Unfortunately the stamps are post war additions by some non-Japanese, who obviously thought it would raise the value to collectors, who did not read Japanese. The rubber stamps are from some set from the salary section of a company, but assembled incorrectly by combining more than one into a single stamp to create gibberish like "Fi (missing the rest for finance) Department Pay Section Department", which correctly should have been Finance Dept, Pay Section.

Nick,
    I thank you very much for taking the tine as well to comment on my item. Though a little disheartened, I fortunately did not pay much for the item and it will still display well as a from its reverse side. lol
    Thank you again!

Regards,

Joel