Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Odd Japanese Helmet

Article about: Hello and greetings, I have not been on the site in a long time. i just ran into this helmet in Washington State and was wondering if anyone has any clue if this is Civilian or something els

Default Odd Japanese Helmet

Hello and greetings, I have not been on the site in a long time. i just ran into this helmet in Washington State and was wondering if anyone has any clue if this is Civilian or something else. Not a type 90...but I found it interested due to the hand painted writing and the number 131. There seems to be red staining on the script and chin strap. Odd Japanese HelmetOdd Japanese HelmetOdd Japanese HelmetOdd Japanese HelmetOdd Japanese HelmetOdd Japanese Helmet Thank you for any feed back and I really appreciate the amount of information that each member provides...

It is civilian. Likely worn by a factory worker serving as maintenance man.

Thank you very much Mr. Komiya for your information, much appreciated. So I would guess the star was added post war? Like others I have seen on these boards. I wonder what the number represents...

Thank you Mr. Komiya. I read through your amazing articles on the evolution of the Japanese Helmet and must have missed that part. I guess the old saying read and then reread...lol! Would the script then be the owners name? I am still at a loss for the script and number 131. It does appear to have blood on the chin strap and staining on the script as well. Thank you so much for your help.

Any company will number their helmets for their inventory list and the person responsible for that specific number will be registered as well. Without such markings, if a helmet disappears, there is no means to track down who's responsible. It's a Company asset number. I already gave you my opinion on the coding in white.

Thank you very much, now I understand, very interesting. I really do appreciate your help Mr. Komiya. Best Regards, Paul.