Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Odd Japanese Tag

Article about: Hello guys, Just found this yesterday again in my "Research further" box under my desk... I di Pick this up on ebay a year ago for a couple bucks, its likely just a little tag for

?

Default Odd Japanese Tag

Hello guys,
    Just found this yesterday again in my "Research further" box under my desk... I did Pick this up on ebay a good year ago? for just a couple bucks, its likely just a little tag for a key or luggage but anyway would be curios what you guys can make of it... I tried to include the pictures as best as possible.

Best Regards and Happy New year to everybody, hope we all get Killer deals this year
    - Ben
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Odd Japanese Tag   Odd Japanese Tag  

Odd Japanese Tag  

Ben, the kanji in the middle of the first two photos are top to bottom 2,6 and 8

Bill
    "Only a pimp in a Louisiana whore house carries a pearl handled revolver"
    - General George Smith Patton Jr.

?

Ben,
    It is one of the tag variants used by NKKK. See link:Nan'yō Kōhatsu - Wikipedia

Tom

I couldn't have transcribed the company name without Tom's input -- thanks Tom!

二年契約 2-Year Contract
    二六八 268
    十四年期 14th Fiscal Year
    =======
    南洋興発株式会社
    Nan'yō Kōhatsu Kabushikigaisha

Re 年期 [nenki]. I just checked the dictionary .... nenki can also mean an apprentice's obligation term. However, the other edge of the tag says "two year contract;" so I'm inclined to think this merely means the fiscal year.

It could also mean [Showa] 14 year period. Showa 14 = 1939.

What do you think, Tom??

?

Thanks for that, Guy. I think this is only the third such tag I have seen from NKKK with stamped contract info like that, and have not delved into it, but what you say does make sense. These are interesting tags, I wish more was known about them.

Tom

?

Bill, Tom, Guy
    You guys are quick wow thank you so much for your help, so this a tag to one of the 50.000 workers they had in micronesia, who signed up for a 2 year contact. Thats pretty cool im happy with that.