Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Opinions on a IJN Cap

Article about: Hello Everyone, I’m being offered this IJN white cap. I’m not that knowledgeable about navy uniforms so any advice would be greatly appreciated. From the photos I have, the hat does not

?

Default Opinions on a IJN Cap

Hello Everyone,
    I’m being offered this IJN white cap. I’m not that knowledgeable about navy uniforms so any advice would be greatly appreciated. From the photos I have, the hat does not seem like other examples I have seen online. The sweatband for example and the tag are not the typical materials that I’m seeing in photos. Is this a Nakata replica? I look forward to hearing all your opinions and information.Opinions on a IJN CapOpinions on a IJN CapOpinions on a IJN CapOpinions on a IJN Cap

Don't know about authenticity, but it looks like the tally is named to the aircraft carrier Akagi:

大日本軍艦赤城
    Dai Nippon Gunkan Akagi
    Greater Japanese Warship Akagi

-- Guy

?

Thanks Guy, I just get an uneasy feeling about it because of its construction

?

Yes it looks odd. Post an interior label close up please

Here's a comparison with a known original label. General layout is correct for Kure, but the one in the thread has fonts as if printed out by computer. Also don't like the postwar type Kanji used. I do not know navy stuff, but that's enough to scare me.

Also, shown below, is a hat shop in Kure, a shop making Navy caps since WW2, now servicing the Maritime SDF, but also making replicas of WW2 caps.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Opinions on a IJN Cap   Opinions on a IJN Cap  

Opinions on a IJN Cap  

?

Nick and Jareth. Thank you both for the comments. The label really stood out to me as well. It looks as if it’s glued in place which is something I’ve never seen, and also the material that the sweat band is made from wax odd as well. Notice how in the top right corner looks like glue has spilled out onto the lining and the edges are roughly cut.
    Attached Images Attached Images Opinions on a IJN Cap