Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Ordnance

Article about: Hello all thought Id share some of the ordnance I had. The one item is a 37mm I was told was out of a tank. The other is my 50mm knee mortar round.the 37mm round does have some rust any idea

Default Ordnance

Hello all thought Id share some of the ordnance I had. The one item is a 37mm I was told was out of a tank. The other is my 50mm knee mortar round.the 37mm round does have some rust any ideas how to preserve the paint but stop rust ? Thanks Joe OrdnanceOrdnanceOrdnanceOrdnanceOrdnance

MAP
    ?

Nice. Now you just need the Knee Mortar to complete the set

I would just leave the item as is. Store in a climate controlled environment with stable humidity.

Others might have some other methods.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

That is on my list to get but haven't really seen any for sale.

?

The 37mm tank round is very cool.

I was told it was a tank round Im not sure if this is true or not mayby someone else would know?

?

I couldn’t help you with that. However a quick search would assume the Japanese used the same artillery cannon for the tanks. So the ammunition was probably interchangeable

MAP
    ?

Quote by Jjs92186 View Post
    That is on my list to get but haven't really seen any for sale.
    Very hard to come by. And not cheap. But you need to be 100% certain it has been deactivated if you buy one. I was lucky enough to stumble across one a number of years ago.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I saw one once with a hole cut in the side. It was I believe 1200. But I was only interested in collecting German at the time so I passed up on it.

nice to see the 3.7cm here's mine and I always thought it was for a mountain gun?
    Shell Case 3.5 cm Japanese

Love both pieces, very cool display items.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast