Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Original ww2 Japanese bayonet?

Article about: Hello everyone, I purchased this bayonet when I was quite young. It was listed as a WW2 Japanese bayonet but I do not typically dabble in this field, as I collect Soviet militaria mostly. Wh

?

Your bayonet was made in the early 1930s and is the highest pre-series known from Tōkyō Arsenal. Shortly after your bayonet was made, series marks were used instead of a sequential serial number. In this case, the first two digits, 31, were dropped and an encircled ケ was used instead. The next bayonet recorded is ㋘93369.

I would be interested in what inspection marks are on the end of the pommel if still at hand. They should be below the serial number.

Hello Kiipu, thank you for the information. I will go ahead and get some photos of any markings I can find.

I am not sure why no one paid attention to your post. if there is one in labars book marked this way and it is a Chinese rework why then would we think this one is anything other than a Chinese rework. this is rare and is not something you see all the time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2