Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Original WWII Chinese Japanese copy sword?

Article about: Hello Is this sword original? Any thoughts? Thanks

?

Default Original WWII Chinese Japanese copy sword?

Hello
    Is this sword original? Any thoughts?
    Thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Original WWII Chinese Japanese copy sword?   Original WWII Chinese Japanese copy sword?  

Original WWII Chinese Japanese copy sword?   Original WWII Chinese Japanese copy sword?  

Original WWII Chinese Japanese copy sword?   Original WWII Chinese Japanese copy sword?  

No, it is a Chinese copy.

--Guy

?

Without any doubt it is a reproduction of a Type 95 IJA NCO sword. If you wish to learn a bit more about authentic examples read over this thread ...

IJA Type 95 NCO Sword Info

Regards,
    Stu

Default Can anyone verify this one?

Hey,
    I am slightly puzzled as I am by now somewhat familiar with the NCO 95 model yet cannot quite make up my mind about this one. Is it a well made fake in poor condition or original Nagoya arsenal sword (in poor condition)?
    It has many signs from both sides of the Habaki which is confusing as I have not found that on most of the original NCO 95's. However they do look legit.
    Also, it has a perfect fit saya with matching number + a sign to the left of the numbers - which is not visible on the blade (scratched perhaps)

I've been searching for an original vintage katana and now I finally got a chance to get hold of one. Any help much appreciated in advance.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Original WWII Chinese Japanese copy sword?   Original WWII Chinese Japanese copy sword?  

Original WWII Chinese Japanese copy sword?  

The above is a fake sword.

Thank you for the reply!
    I was just lookin further into it and stated to assume the same.
    Have a good day

?

Agreed, the lack of detail in the tsuka(handle) is one big sign in my opinion And ofcourse the overall quality.

Thanks m4l700,
    I was coming out of a premise that Tsuka could have been changed over the course of the years... in my optimistic estimate just so I don't exclude it too quickly.

Both 100% fake swords. I am going to guess they are selling for cheap which should be another red-flag. First thing that stood out to me for second example is the nonsensical markings on the habaki and as stated above the overall quality. These swords are not overly rare and you should be able to find one. They are getting more expensive though.

?

Quote by sano262 View Post
    Thanks m4l700,
    I was coming out of a premise that Tsuka could have been changed over the course of the years... in my optimistic estimate just so I don't exclude it too quickly.
    It sounds like you are trying to convince yourself that it is real..... But it is not...

Semper Fi
    Phil

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast