Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Out of Round Firing Pin Jinsen Type 99 last Ditch

Article about: I purchased this Type 99 Jinsen Late War Arisaka, solid Mum and matching serial numbers. When I received it, I could not remove the Safety Knob. After working with it for a while, I got the

?

Default Out of Round Firing Pin Jinsen Type 99 last Ditch

I purchased this Type 99 Jinsen Late War Arisaka, solid Mum and matching serial numbers. When I received it, I could not remove the Safety Knob. After working with it for a while, I got the Safety Knob Off. The Firing Pin would not come out. Using a rubber hammer I got the firing pin out. The firing Pin seems to be out of round. See images. The seller on Gunboards states the bolt function perfectly before he shipped it. I don't believe him.
    I took the rifle to a Gun Smith and he stated it would cost between $200.00 to $300.00 to fix.
    Is it worth fixing the firing pin problem????
    Out of Round Firing Pin Jinsen Type 99 last DitchOut of Round Firing Pin Jinsen Type 99 last DitchOut of Round Firing Pin Jinsen Type 99 last Ditch
    Kaydee
    Dwight Brown

?

This isn't a firearms board per say. Doubt you'll get many replies. Late Jinsen are extremely crude rifles. If it truly has a full, untouched mum I wouldn't worry about bolt issues especially if your not going to fire it