Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Pages from Japan at War.

Article about: Thank you for your post. Always good to have additional thoughts/opinions. Of course, I do not agree with a single thing you said. That's why we engage in posting our thoughts. Have a great

?

Default Pages from Japan at War.

Pages from Japan at War.

?

Pages from Japan at War.

?

Pages from Japan at War.

?

That mannequin is in no way representative of a Japanese soldier's uniform or how they wore their equipment. Just for starters that combination of equipment is very unlikely, I'm yet to see double haversacks in use. I know it's meant to be late war but that doesn't give a pass for logic to fly out the window. The gear should at least be secured under the belt and the trousers are way too low and not tied at the bottom. I think when making a reference even if it is just for collectors we should all strive for higher accuracy and consult period sources more often. I am by no means perfect but I hope we can all aim to do better.

?

Thank you for your post. Always good to have additional thoughts/opinions. Of course, I do not agree with a single thing you said. Sharing pics/opinions, etc.; that's why we engage in posting here. Have a great weekend! Russ

?

As you're accepting of thoughts and opinions, are you and the publisher happy with the way the text is laid out? It seems to be jammed between the images, and spilling on to those images in several places. There are a lot of words split over two lines with hyphens, including the cover? For me, if it is like this on every page, it would be a difficult read. One of the grenade images is poking through the top of the frame surrounding it. It just looks very rushed to me without a lot of care and attention to detail.

?

Thanks Russ! Probably a good thing you did not purchase as it makes you unhappy. I wish you a restful weekend!
    Respectful Regards, Russ

?

Enjoying a "meet and greet" - small militaria show in my backyard- weekend some years back. All kinds of neat Japanese militaria to fondle. Good days.

Pages from Japan at War.

Rod
    ?

Ouch! A lot of us contributed photos of items in our collections to this effort, many of which are now very rare.

It's a huge book but sadly too expensive for me when you add the 30% US/Can $ exchange rate and shipping. That said, no doubt in time it will become a stand out as one of the definitive reference works on Imperial Japanese Army artifacts.

Thanks for posting the pics Russ.

?

Thank you for your kindness and help Rod! Have a great weekend!
    Best Regards, Russ

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast