Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Paybook Russo-Japanese war

Article about: Hi all. Here a paybook that I have just bought. It is in poor condition, but with a lot of information inside. It belonged to Mr. yokota, from the 12th Division 第12師団. Couriously the r

?

Default Paybook Russo-Japanese war

Hi all.

Here a paybook that I have just bought. It is in poor condition, but with a lot of information inside.
    It belonged to Mr. yokota, from the 12th Division 第12師団. Couriously the rank is not written.
    He fought in the Russo-Japanese War. He left japan on february 15 1904 and arrived at the port of Chemulpo on february 19.
    He took part in several battles. One could be at Fengcheng, Liaoning. Next to Port Arthur. Then it seems that he was hospitalized. I do not know if it was due to an illness or injury. Finally, he was discharged on January 15 1905.

Any extra information is welcome.

Thanks in advance.

He was born a Samurai. Sorry but all your photos are too out of focus for me to read without getting motion sickness.

Quote by nick komiya View Post
    He was born a Samurai....
    Cool!

福岡県士族

Fukuoka-ken Shizoku
    Fukuoka Prefecture Samurai Family

?

Sorry Nick. No scanner here. I am trying to do my best with another mobile phone:

If it is not enough, maybe on sunday I will be able to scan them.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Paybook Russo-Japanese war   Paybook Russo-Japanese war  

Paybook Russo-Japanese war   Paybook Russo-Japanese war  

?

Hi all.

This morning I have been able to scan the paybook.
    Besides that, I have been able to translate a little bit more.

Takehiko Yokota a Samurai as Nick said.
    Was born 1880/07/08.
    He was hospitalized on December 9, 1900. He was released from the hospital on January 12, 1901.
    On june 26, 1902 he went to fukuoka prefecture to train shooting. On October 29, 1902 he went to the city of Kurume,
    Fukuoka prefecture for big army exercise??

He left the port of Nagasaki on February 12, 1905. On February 19, 1905, he landed at the port of Chemulpo 仁川.
    He fought for 東城???? on May 19. On june 3 He fought for ????. On May 28 He fought in the vicinity 靉 陽 辺 門 Aiyuang-pienmen. On June 7 He fought for 賽馬 集 sai-ma-chi.(I do not know where it is).
    On June 22, he fought in the vicinity of 靉 陽 辺 門 Aiyuang-pienmen. On july 7 ?????????.
    He arrived at the port of Moji 門 司???? on August 17, 1904, was hospitalized and then in December he was transferred to another hospital.
    He leaves the hospital on January 15, 1905

On the next page I read 一等症 First class disease. Wounded on the battlefield???. and then the reason???.

On the last page it seems to be written 安東県兵站病院 military hospital of Andong.

Any other information would be grateful.

Here they are:

Last edited by schum; 10-24-2021 at 05:37 PM.

He seemed to be good in gymnastics as well as Jyukendo, but he must have suffered chronic vitamin deficiency leading to hospitalization with beriberi 脚気

?

Thank you Nick.

You have been able to find out the origin of his health problems.

?

Hi all.

I am still trying to find out the history of this soldier.
    I have discovered that he landed at Chemulpo and that he took part in the battle of Yalu river and in different battles in the area such as 九連城 Kiuliencheng 1/05/1904(battle of Yalu river), 28/05/1904 靉陽辺門 Aiyuang-pienmen. 3/06/1904 ????, 7/06/1904 賽馬集 sai-ma-chi, 22/06/1904 again 靉陽辺門 Aiyuang-pienmen, 7/07/1904 寛甸 Kwantien,

but there are still some kanji that I can't read.

Could someone help me? It would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

As I explained here I do not get into Chinese place names, as it takes too much of my time.

However, to give you a tool to aide in your search, I will attach a Japanese map of South and North Manchuria upon which you can search the place names directly from your pass.

In the South Manchuria map, I circled in red the places you mentioned in the post above to mark out the search area.

Both maps are pre-war, as current maps have too many postwar name changes.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Paybook Russo-Japanese war   Paybook Russo-Japanese war  

?

Thank you Nick. You are always a great help.

Yes, I knew about the problems with place name changes.
    The maps you have attached are nice, the pity is that they don't have much resolution and you can't identify the kanji well doing zoom. Do you have any other maps with better resolution?

I found on the internet a list with names and their corresponding Kanjis, so I just need to identify the kanjis to find the place.

Thanks in advance.