Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Is it replica 95 NCO Sword shin gunto?

Article about: Hello!In my opinion the sword is a replica Can I ask for expert opinion Thx for felp!

Default Is it replica 95 NCO Sword shin gunto?

Hello!In my opinion the sword is a replica
    Can I ask for expert opinion?
    Thx for help!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Is it replica 95 NCO Sword shin gunto?   Is it replica 95 NCO Sword shin gunto?  

Is it replica 95 NCO Sword shin gunto?   Is it replica 95 NCO Sword shin gunto?  

?

What makes you think it's replica

The numbers are far removed
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Is it replica 95 NCO Sword shin gunto?  

The signatures look bad
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Is it replica 95 NCO Sword shin gunto?  

I'm not an expert...

Wafe (can we get a name to talk to?),

I saw a blade like this, seems like the same one, hotly debated a year ago. The consensus was mixed. While the massive majority of NCO gunto are very uniform in make, there are still variations out there. To me, the Tokyo Inspector mark on the blade is one of the surest marks of a fake - they are very hard to get right, and the fakers always get it wrong. This one is good. The font of the serial number looks legit, fakers usually get that wrong too.

While there are almost never stamps on an iron fuchi, Ohmura sites a study of 100 gunto and found stamps (‘¢•º±‚Ì•WŽ¯ An Arsenal trademark and inspection mark). It's a bad picture, and a clear view would be more helpful though.

If it's a fake, it's very high quality. But I believe it's legit.

Quote by Bruce Pennington View Post
    Wafe (can we get a name to talk to?),

I saw a blade like this, seems like the same one, hotly debated a year ago. The consensus was mixed. While the massive majority of NCO gunto are very uniform in make, there are still variations out there. To me, the Tokyo Inspector mark on the blade is one of the surest marks of a fake - they are very hard to get right, and the fakers always get it wrong. This one is good. The font of the serial number looks legit, fakers usually get that wrong too.

While there are almost never stamps on an iron fuchi, Ohmura sites a study of 100 gunto and found stamps (‘¢•º±‚Ì•WŽ¯ An Arsenal trademark and inspection mark). It's a bad picture, and a clear view would be more helpful though.

If it's a fake, it's very high quality. But I believe it's legit.
    My name is Peter. I come from Poland. I have never been interested in Japanese militaria (I am collecting German militaria) . In several days I am deeply in lecture about Japanes weapons and armour

I made better pictures of the sword
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Is it replica 95 NCO Sword shin gunto?   Is it replica 95 NCO Sword shin gunto?  

Next photos wood in the sheath and photos tsuba

Welcome to the club Peter!

Those pictures really help. This is clearly a legitimate Japanese war sword. The maker stamp is
    飯島刀劍製作所
    (東京市下谷区金杉)
    Ījima Tōken Seisakusho

And can be found on the link in my previous post. It's an early serial number and I find that minors deviations seem to be found in the first few years, as if they were still perfecting their manufacture and style.

That's really in good shape considering the latch still has the paint!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast