Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Sencha box with submarine (Type L, RO-54?), translation help please.

Article about: I found this Sencha storage box and bought it out of curiosity, i have a soft spot for submarines but dont know much about them. From what i can find out it looks like a IJN Type L submarine

Default Sencha box with submarine (Type L, RO-54?), translation help please.

I found this Sencha storage box and bought it out of curiosity, i have a soft spot for submarines but dont know much about them.
    From what i can find out it looks like a IJN Type L submarine, and it looks like this one the RO-54 that i found at wikipedia. Japanese submarine Ro-54 - Wikipedia
    This type seems to have been in service ca 1920-1940.

Could some of you guys maybe help me with translation of the text that is written on this box please? :-)

That was presented in commemoration of the 10th anniversary of the establishment of Japan Batteries Corporation. They were founded in 1917, so this would have been given out in 1927. It is not for sencha (tea is always stored in a tin can), but for a whole tea set like shown below or for two or so tea cups and trays, a teapot and a tin can of tea.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Sencha box with submarine (Type L, RO-54?), translation help please.   Sencha box with submarine (Type L, RO-54?), translation help please.  

Thank you Nick for the translation help. :-)
    As it is many times with commemorative things it is a proud manufacturer giving away nice gifts.
    I guess that battery production was a high tech delivery at that time since the Navy did develop a lot of submarines in that time period.
    Its a nice pice that displays well with my military sake porcelain collection. :-)