Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 54 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 52 ... LastLast

Show your Japanese cups

Article about: I havent seen many treads about cups here on the Japanese militaria forum, it has mostly been question about cups. So i thought that i should start one. Im fairly new at collecting cups and

No, that is the current army of postwar Japan.

?

Nice thread! Here are a few of mine, starting with a map cup for the 8th Division.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Show your Japanese cups  

?

A Manchukuo/Japan flag cup. I don't recall what is written on the rim, I think maybe a civilian association related commem. cup.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Show your Japanese cups  

?

A cup with an H8K "Emily" floatplane on it.

?

The current centerpiece of my lacquered cup collection: a set of IJN plane cups
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Show your Japanese cups   Show your Japanese cups  

Show your Japanese cups  

Wow that are some realy nice cups! The plane cups are realy centerpice material!

?

And the one I foolishly moved along a few years back: A donation cup for a plane donation from a tobacco company if I recall the kanji correctly on the rim. The front has "Ministry of the Navy" marked on it.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Show your Japanese cups   Show your Japanese cups  

Things like that happens.
    Thats also a very nice one, and very rare as the other ones.

?

Thanks for the kind words. Sake cups offer nearly endless variety and much temptation! I have just a couple more I am looking for and think I will call it quits in the sake cup arena. Quick plug: If anyone has the lacquered Occupation of Singapore map cup and is looking to sell -- I am your guy!

Tom

Quote by tomp View Post
    And the one I foolishly moved along a few years back: A donation cup for a plane donation from a tobacco company if I recall the kanji correctly on the rim. The front has "Ministry of the Navy" marked on it.
    Let me rub in your regrets by adding that yes, that one commemorates the donation of a Type 97 fighter plane to the navy on April 8th 1942 by the Association of Tobacco Retailers in the Nagoya area. That particular plane was named ”Aikoku 愛国 1030” and the cup celebrated the naming of the craft. All donated planes as well as weapons like Type 90 helmets were marked Aikoku (Patriot) with paint. Below is a postcard featuring that particular plane.

Sorry, I belatedly noticed that I was looking at the plane donations list to the army. So I was talking about their donation to the army and the donation to the navy would have had a different Aikoku number.

Page 2 of 54 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 52 ... LastLast