Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 31 of 54 FirstFirst ... 21 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 41 ... LastLast

Show your Japanese cups

Article about: I havent seen many treads about cups here on the Japanese militaria forum, it has mostly been question about cups. So i thought that i should start one. Im fairly new at collecting cups and

Thank you so much, Guy! That was a super-fast reply! I really appreciate it!

Default Post war 60th Anniversary, Kaiten submarine special attack 283

I havent seen hardly any post war made sake cups that commemorate military activies.
    But this one is one of those i have found and i think it is a interesting one that is a 60th year anniversary of a Kaiten submarine attack.

I dont know much more about these submarines then is found on Wikipedia so if someone have some info about this special attack 283 it would be interesting know more about it.

Show your Japanese cupsShow your Japanese cupsShow your Japanese cupsShow your Japanese cups
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Show your Japanese cups  

That merely celebrated the 60th anniversary of the end of WW2 and was not associated with any Kaiten mission. The man was a member of an offshore defense unit based on Kurahashi Island in Kure, equipped with Kohryu attack submarines, pictured below, not Kaiten.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Show your Japanese cups  

Thank you Nick for the clarification on the cup. :-)
    I have to blame my realy bad japanese knowledge, and i did draw a fast conclusion that wasnt correct! ;-)

?

Neat. Rich A. in Pa.
    1969 Shelby GT-500 King of the Road
    Knowledge is power, guard it well.

Found another of mine while I was digging around. When I bought it, it came with the Reservist Member's Badge that I have photographed next to the cup. The center of the cup has the same badge on the inside in bas-relief, with the medic (or Red Cross?) flag and Rising Sun flag painted on. Can you make out what it says?

Show your Japanese cups

Show your Japanese cups

Show your Japanese cups

Thank you in advance for any help.

Sanitation Dept. Ogino

Thank you so much, Nick! Much appreciated!

Quote by nick komiya View Post
    Sanitation Dept. Ogino
    Nick, that is "Sanitation" like in German, right? Sanität / Medical.
    Sanitäter [Sani] = medic.

Not "clean the latrine and throw away the garbage" sanitation department .... right???

-- Guy

?

That is great. Rich A. in Pa.
    1969 Shelby GT-500 King of the Road
    Knowledge is power, guard it well.

Page 31 of 54 FirstFirst ... 21 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 41 ... LastLast