Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 51 of 54 FirstFirst ... 41 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 LastLast

Show your Japanese cups

Article about: I havent seen many treads about cups here on the Japanese militaria forum, it has mostly been question about cups. So i thought that i should start one. Im fairly new at collecting cups and

Default Fire damaged box with "Recognition of Official Merit" cups given by Hiroshima city.

Sometimes the object you have as a collector have someting extra that gives your imagination a little extra boost.

This is a set of 3 cups with their wooden box, they are given as "Recognition of Official Merit" from the city of Hiroshima around the time of the 1904-05 Russo Japanese war. At this time the people didnt move as much as we do today so most probably this set of cups never left the Hiroshima area.

So could the fire damage come from the A-bomb fires or was it just saved from the bon fire that grandpa did when he wanted to clear out som old junk? The imagination always want a nice storry so its easy to go with the first scenario! :-)

Pleas could someone help me translate the sticker on the lid, maybe it can say where the shop were.

Show your Japanese cups
    Show your Japanese cups
    Show your Japanese cups
    Show your Japanese cups
    Show your Japanese cups

?

Fantastic! Rich A. in Pa.
    1969 Shelby GT-500 King of the Road
    Knowledge is power, guard it well.

The label is the shop's business profile saying, "Supplier to various government agencies for Gold, Silver and Wooden cups, plaques, commemorative badges, shrine and temple accessories", followed by an address in Hiroshima, shop name of Izumoya and proprietor name of Eijiro Kubota and phone number.

Thank you Nick, much apreciated that you could translate the label. :-)
    As i supposed it would be a shop from Hiroshima supplying official gifts and assoceries.

These are my two. I'm not really going for a collection, but I do really the two that I picked up. One is a Japanese airplane flying over Mt. Fuji with gold trim on the rim, and the other is a Japanese soldier with a rifle guarding a castle, with some kind of song inscribed inside the cup. Not the best pictures, but they're packed away for now for an upcoming move.

The second one says, "Defend Manchuria, Rise Up Citizens" and is a standard design for the Manchurian Incident, right out of the catalog below.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Show your Japanese cups  

Thank you! I was wondering what that that one was!

Named to 仁田 Nita

Quote by ghp95134 View Post
    Named to 仁田 Nita
    Thank you!

Default Japanese Tanks!

Last post before the summer! I hope you all have a great summer vaccation!

Som tank cups!
    Tanks on the inside and the outside in the shape of a tanker helmet.
    Probably Type 89 I-Go medium tanks.

Show your Japanese cups
    Show your Japanese cups
    Show your Japanese cups

Page 51 of 54 FirstFirst ... 41 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 LastLast