Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 53 of 53 FirstFirst ... 3 43 49 50 51 52 53

Show your Japanese cups

Article about: I havent seen many treads about cups here on the Japanese militaria forum, it has mostly been question about cups. So i thought that i should start one. Im fairly new at collecting cups and

Hello everyone,

Another one to share, nice design for this cup given for demobilization from what's written on the side ?

I very like this mix between this gold aspect and art design of the outside with dark background, little bit of gold and blue dots.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Show your Japanese cups   Show your Japanese cups  

Show your Japanese cups   Show your Japanese cups  

Quote by Bagration View Post
    Hello everyone,

Another one to share, nice design for this cup given for demobilization from what's written on the side ?

I very like this mix between this gold aspect and art design of the outside with dark background, little bit of gold and blue dots.
    除隊記念
    Jotai kinen
    Commemoration Discharge

九谷
    Kutani
    Famous ceramics producer
    Kutani ware - Wikipedia

-- Guy

?

Love that Art Deco design! Always great looking cups, thanks for sharing!

Tom

Hello,

Thanks for the translation as always, GHP ! Really interesting to read the wikipedia page too, it explain the quality of this one

Tomp ==> Yeah this one really pop-up compared to the others I have (well only 5 so far ).

Hello everyone,

It's been a while but I received new models months ago that I've forgot to share here ...

The green bottle is kinda funny, style close to an artillery shell and the cap serve as a cup too.

Show your Japanese cupsShow your Japanese cupsShow your Japanese cupsShow your Japanese cupsShow your Japanese cupsShow your Japanese cupsShow your Japanese cupsShow your Japanese cups

This one on the middle was already posted by another member and explanation were given by Nick Komiya

"The second one says, "Defend Manchuria, Rise Up Citizens" and is a standard design for the Manchurian Incident, right out of the catalog below."

Show your Japanese cups

凱旋記念
    Triumphal Return Commemoration

支那事変
    Shina Jihen
    China Incident

-- Guy

My wife pointed out the writing on the sake heating bottle is a tanka (each line having 5-7-5-7-7 syllables) and she translated it for you.

あづさ弓 With this Azuma Bow
    誓いし命 I swear on my life
    惜しまねど Without regret

Azusa yumi (5)
    Chikaishi inochi (7)
    Oshimanedo (5)

努め果たして After finishing my mission
    今日故郷に Today to my hometown [I return]

Tsutome hatashite (7)
    kyō furusato ni (7)

Free verse:
    Without regret
    I put my life into this
    Azuma Bow
    I return to my hometown today
    Mission accomplished

The Azuma Bow is the legendary cherry-wood bow used by Emperor Jinmu, founding emperor of Japan.

"...Jimmu's bow developed the power to dispel evil by the mere plucking of its string...."

-- Guy

Hello Guy,

Thanks a lot as always (and thanks to your wife too !).

Page 53 of 53 FirstFirst ... 3 43 49 50 51 52 53