Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

superbe navy image!

Article about: I recieved last Week some navy items. This insane image of 160 cm blowed me away when unrolled from his protective bout. Als if someone would help with the translation thank you very mutch.

Default superbe navy image!

I recieved last Week some navy items. This insane image of 160 cm blowed me away when unrolled from his protective bout.
    If someone would help with the translation it would be very appreciated!

Enjoy!

Regards
    Delibes
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture superbe navy image!   superbe navy image!  

superbe navy image!   superbe navy image!  

?

皇威輝四海 "Imperial power shines through the world" 清種 Maybe Baron Kiyokazu Abo 安保 清種

Default Kodama Gentarō

Searching 皇威輝四海 brought this result:

superbe navy image!
    児玉源太郎揮毫「皇威輝四海」碑
    この碑は、明治30(1897)年に戸田村 建てたもので、文字は児玉源太郎の 毫によるものです。
    高さ1メートル85センチ、幅1メートル2 0センチの自然石に、"皇威輝四海"(こうい しかいに かがやく)と彫られています。裏面 は、戸田村から日清戦争(1894~1895 に従軍した村民30名の氏名を記して ます。
    Gentarō Kodama "Kō I Shi Kai ni Kagayaku" Monument
    This monument was built by Todamura in 1897 (1897), and the letters are written by Gentarō Kodama.
    It is engraved on a natural stone measuring 1 cm in height and 85 cm in width and 1 cm in width and 20 cm in width. On the back side, the names of 30 villagers who served in the Sino-Japanese War (1894-1895) from Toda Village are recorded.

Kodama Gentarō

... and I do not know why all these ��� get inserted after I "Submit Reply" ... that never happened in the past.

-- Guy

Interesting photo and perspective. I one that leaps out at me is the side profile showing the front of a 3 decked aircraft carrier - that could only be the Akagi or the Kaga. I would "guess this is mid 1930's era.

Got to tell you that MC Escher tile floor background just gives me a migraine looking at it.

superbe navy image!

superbe navy image!

I know the feeling but i am used to it. We lives in the former old tavern of my wife relatives. It was al in her familiy at the same time this picture was taken. Her mother has pictures of british soldiers in the tavern with the liberation.
    Last edited by delibes; 05-17-2020 at 12:03 PM.