Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Sword(Not Mine Again)Help

Article about: My friend was told this sword was Japanese. None of my 3 are not marked like this. Is it Japanese? Thanks,Rich A. in Pa.

?

Default Sword(Not Mine Again)Help

My friend was told this sword was Japanese. None of my 3 are not marked like this. Is it Japanese? Thanks,Rich A. in Pa.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Sword(Not Mine Again)Help   Sword(Not Mine Again)Help  

1969 Shelby GT-500 King of the Road
    Knowledge is power, guard it well.

No, a laughable Chinese fake, sorry again. I'm now getting afraid to see anything further from your friend.

?

Thanks. I told him. He stated it came with other stuff from a vet. Rich A. in Pa.
    1969 Shelby GT-500 King of the Road
    Knowledge is power, guard it well.

Rich,

Fakes were being made as far back as actually during the war. Then immediately after the war, the souvenir industry really started cranking them out. Many vets served in Japan during the occupation wars and picked up stuff like this during their stay. Of course, the vet still could have bought it fairly recently, too. But like Nick said, we don't even have to see the rest of the sword to know this one is a bad fake.

Yeah, but THESE particular fakes are well past the "shelf life" of WW2 souvenirs. When did they start showing up, maybe 20 years ago?

-- Guy

Quote by ghp95134 View Post
    Yeah, but THESE particular fakes are well past the "shelf life" of WW2 souvenirs. When did they start showing up, maybe 20 years ago?

-- Guy
    Quite likely, though I don't know for sure. That's why I indicated that even WWII vets, who lived for decades after the war, had amply opportunity to buy a sword and get scammed. He could have bought this rig 5 years ago!

?

you gotta be very careful.

?

To quote... "buy the blade, not the story".