Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

A tale of two helmets for opinions

Article about: I usually do not purchase un-issued or battle damaged items but for some reason I had to purchase these. The first is what I believe to be an un-issued type 90 helmet from what I know which

Default A tale of two helmets for opinions

I usually do not purchase un-issued or battle damaged items but for some reason I had to purchase these. The first is what I believe to be an un-issued type 90 helmet from what I know which is minimal. Looks good and the ties have not been adjusted. I had to untie to take a pic of the stamps. I hope I am correct on this as it was not cheap and I was burned before. The 2nd is a battle damaged Type 90 that looks possible. I am always skeptical as these could have been used at a gun range as no one cared back then and some even now. I have no way to validate but the end result could not have been good. In a strange way I want to display them next to each other and not meaning to be offensive. Recruit to KIA, theme.
    All thoughts and opinions are appreciated.
    John

A tale of two helmets for opinionsA tale of two helmets for opinionsA tale of two helmets for opinionsA tale of two helmets for opinionsA tale of two helmets for opinionsA tale of two helmets for opinionsA tale of two helmets for opinionsA tale of two helmets for opinionsA tale of two helmets for opinions

2nd Helmet Pictures
    John

A tale of two helmets for opinionsA tale of two helmets for opinionsA tale of two helmets for opinionsA tale of two helmets for opinionsA tale of two helmets for opinionsA tale of two helmets for opinions

MAP
    ?

That first one is sweet. Yes it's mint but it still has a nice aged look to it. Never seen a paper tag on the liner tongue like that!

I'm not into battle damaged lids (my own hang up) but this second one certainly makes a statement.

Congrats!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Love the battle damaged one! Nice pick up for sure, I’ll be getting into some of these Japanese lids soon

Quote by TheGoon View Post
    Love the battle damaged one! Nice pick up for sure, I’ll be getting into some of these Japanese lids soon
    I am always skeptical as it could have been target practice only ten years ago.
    John

I wonder what round could of done that, that hole looks bigger then a standard rifle round would make

If I had to guess and it is only a a guess. 50 cal from a strafing run by air corps. Again, only a guess.
    John

.50cal is very probable, maybe from the top gunner on a Sherman

John, I really like both helmets. The first one is a dream to own and the second is one I would have in my collection.

Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

The paper label is not related to the helmet, but to the raw leather delivered for making the liner. They used the leather without being able to completely delaminate the delivery notice.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast