Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Tanto knife found in jungle wreckage site of Mitsubishi G3Nell bomber

Article about: Sorry but i call BS on this one. - DL

Default Re: Tanto knife found in jungle wreckage site of Mitsubishi G3Nell bomber

Quote by Datrus View Post
    The fact is that it is possible for items to be preserved quite well in silt and mud because of the lack of oxygen. However as long as he is not able to provide more pics i will also call BS on this. The handle and scabbard look in a little too good condition IMHO. Let's see the pics mate. If you have sold it to a collector in Japan i am sure he would have demanded pics at some point. Meaning that you should have some on your PC or SD card.

Regards, Lars
    It is quite difficult to bring any form of weapon into Japan.. A blade this large, if handmade, would require passing through Government Shinsa or judgement in order to issue a certificate allowing the ownership of the blade. If not handmade, it would be confiscated and destroyed. There are a few too many unexplained holes in this story.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

?

Default Re: Tanto knife found in jungle wreckage site of Mitsubishi G3Nell bomber

Another nail driven through this story

?

If I hiked into the jungle all that way for a crashed plane I think I would have brought a camera . But that's just me . Gary

That pretty much nails it right there!! Cameras are proof enough,, at least to make half the story true,, the other part is actually believing the photos as of now but too much time has past,, so in reality there was no crash site, no plantation, not even a tanto as the photo posted might not be his own...the only thing he has is a story. Since Nov 2011 until present there is nothing but a weak reply from a disgruntled person. Even the most amateur of people going on expeditions carries a camera as the amateur is more apt to receiving criticism for lack of proof. I would not waste my time on this "spider on the wall" has been laying in wait for 8 months looking to strike back just for an arguement. Thats all this is,, as all benefit of the doubt now has gone out the window along with the plantation ,airplanes,, knives, popsicles,, and other Playschool toys. Not worth it to argue.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Well he is right about one thing, almost every part of his once beautiful country has been turned in palm oil plantation and production and every aircraft or war time remains has been bulldozed over and sold to the scrap man for a fraction of its true value is worth.
    Not to mention the destruction of the once pristine rainforest and wildlife up that way. disgusting

?

Always buy the item not the story. So, take away story & what have we got?

?

Quote by Jareth View Post
    Always buy the item not the story. So, take away story & what have we got?
    Not a heck of a lot...

Some hot air maybe.

Anyway, I know where there is a cave full of P-38s, Garands, Halftracks and jeeps - all perfectly preserved.

blimey guys, is it hate night tonight.thats the 2nd person how has got both barrels.[reaching for my stalhelm].

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3