Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Translating and Identifying Japanese Civil Defense helmet

Article about: Hello! I have recently acquired a Japanese civil defense helmet, inside is some writing and an unusual liner I have not seen before in a Japanese helmet. If anyone could aid in translating o

?

Default Translating and Identifying Japanese Civil Defense helmet

Hello! I have recently acquired a Japanese civil defense helmet, inside is some writing and an unusual liner I have not seen before in a Japanese helmet. If anyone could aid in translating or any knowledge if this is wartime or post-war helmet liner would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Translating and Identifying Japanese Civil Defense helmet   Translating and Identifying Japanese Civil Defense helmet  

Translating and Identifying Japanese Civil Defense helmet   Translating and Identifying Japanese Civil Defense helmet  

Last edited by Trwade; 08-04-2022 at 12:57 AM.

I can't help you with the kanji but the helmet looks wartime and the liner appears to be an original, one of many different liners found in these helmets. If you wait a little I'm sure someone will come by and translate the kanji for you.
    "Only a pimp in a Louisiana whore house carries a pearl handled revolver"
    - General George Smith Patton Jr.

PM sent
    "Only a pimp in a Louisiana whore house carries a pearl handled revolver"
    - General George Smith Patton Jr.