Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Translating letter from Manchukuo

Article about: I was wondering if anyone could help me translate this post card from Manchukuo. I assume it's mandarin, unfortunately I don't have the skills to decipher what it says even with Google trans

Default Translating letter from Manchukuo

I was wondering if anyone could help me translate this post card from Manchukuo. I assume it's mandarin, unfortunately I don't have the skills to decipher what it says even with Google translate and such. Any help is greatly appreciated!!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Translating letter from Manchukuo   Translating letter from Manchukuo  

?

It was written in Japanese so perhaps you post in appropriate section.

MAP
    ?

Moved to Japanese Militaria sub forum
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

The date appears to be 10.4.18 [1943-04-18] according to the link below.
    Understanding Manchukuo Postmarks, Cancels and Postmark Dates

Edit: Disregard as the stamp looks like a Japanese 1.5 sen.

The postcard celebrates the Emperor of Manchukuo's official state visit to Japan in Spring of 1935, but only as a motif and the card itself is a message from one Japanese brother to his elder brother, both living in Yamagata prefecture Japan. Mailing date is 1935 April 18 and begins "Bro, it is getting warmer by the day. I hope you and the family are doing well". The rest is personal along those lines, so I will not translate out of respect, but the younger brother, who wrote this appears to be involved in the farmers' cooperative publication called "Light in the Home 家の光", a monthly farming newsletter established in 1925, continuing to this day.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Translating letter from Manchukuo   Translating letter from Manchukuo  

Last edited by Nick Komiya; 02-16-2020 at 02:06 PM.

Thank you, I've been wondering for the longest time. It might not have anything extraordinary but it does show the day to day life life in Japan at the time.

You'll never guess by the cover that this was a farmer's newsletter. Actor Junichi Okada from "Eternal Zero" on the cover of this issue. But the feature story is Soy Beans, not men's fashion.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Translating letter from Manchukuo  

Official government gazette announcement on commemorative postal items (stamps and post mark).
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Translating letter from Manchukuo  

Thank you all for all the great info!!