Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Trouble with kanji

Article about: I usually try to figure out kanji using kanji dictionaries. But this string has me stumped. Please let me know your thoughts. Thank you, Jon

Default Trouble with kanji

I usually try to figure out kanji using kanji dictionaries. But this string has me stumped. Please let me know your thoughts.

Thank you, Jon

Trouble with kanji

Back to the top. Any help is appreciated. Jon

Mohri 毛利 is a common family name. First name can only be read as Kisai-ichi, but that is a weird name.

Thank you for the reply Nick. I didn't think it'd be a name. It's on a bamboo bayonet scabbard very near a repair made using wire. I suppose it may be the name of the fellow who did the repair?

Thank you again! Jon

If someone had repaired your shoes, for instance, would the single name found on your shoe be yours or his; that is the essence of your question. Wouldn't it be more natural to think that owners of items requiring repair were asked to put their names on before turning them in, so they could be returned to the right person after the repair shop?

I don't disagree with your logic. Though frankly it's very strange to find a name on a bayonet scabbard. Whomever it may have been it's odd either way.