Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Two Hinomaru no Yosegaki From Same Family? First post.

Article about: Hello. I obtained two Hinomaru no Yosegaki flags, along with a group of artifacts. They may all be from the same family. Any guidance on the content of the flags would be appreciated. In the

?

Default Two Hinomaru no Yosegaki From Same Family? First post.

Hello. I obtained two Hinomaru no Yosegaki flags, along with a group of artifacts. They may all be from the same family. Any guidance on the content of the flags would be appreciated. In the interest of clarity, I will post images of the flags in two separate posts, with a third post for the artifacts. My thanks for any feedback.

Two Hinomaru no Yosegaki From Same Family?  First post.

Both flags are gifts to
    小林政雄
    Kobayashi Masao

I vote for two different family groups.

小林 Kobayashi is a very common surname, and 政雄 Masao is also a very common given name.

Additionally, the other 小林 signatures are different on each flag -- if the same family I'd expect to see those names on each flag.

-- Guy

?

Hi Guy. Thank you for the name translation.

I got both flags from the same person at the same time. That being the case, is it odd to find two flags that are gifts to the same name but different people? And is it possible that both flags are not authentic? I hope that is not the case!

I will post pictures of the artifacts that came with both flags. Maybe that will shed more light on these flags.

Both flags look authentic. Perhaps some soldiers had more than one flag. I don't know.

Not very interesting, but both are OK, but no close friends chiding him, etc indicates yosegaki of a more perfunctory nature, perhaps something you left at home rather than keeping in your helmet in battle. Human nature, you need not be Japanese to know that some friends are closer to one's heart than the others.

?

Thank you Nick. The two flags with the combination of the associated artifacts are what caught my attention. And interesting to me in that it appears that the same family name can be found in both flags and some of the artifacts. Especially if they are authentic and not faked.

Based on what I have learned here on this forum from you and Guy, I will continue to look for more personalized Hinomaru no Yosegaki.

Only don't post any more flags with writing in the orb, as they are not worth my time, as I already warned you.