Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Two japanese helmets

Article about: Hello dear collectors and history buffs. What is your opinion on the two helmets in black and white? Are they painted for playing children, or used by construction workers? Maybe someone has

Thank you very much Nick and Guy! It makes me look for information about SDF. The seller had 3 helmets, one was IJN, it was expensive for me. The other two were these, black and white.
    At first I thought it was mischief and removed some of the black paint to have a chance to see the IJN helmet...
    But now, on Nick's advice, I'm thinking of keeping the black paint and logo...
    Best regards,Tim
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Two japanese helmets  

?

That is a pity...

You are now left with something that is neither one thing or the other.

That said, it looks like the repaint is coming off pretty clean and not doing a lot of harm to the original. Might it now reward a careful, full strip?
    A real shame to loose its early post-war history though.
    Nasty dilemma.

All the best,
    Bob

?

I not have doubt if paint go out easy i prefer remake it in original picture, late navy helmets are rare too, if down the paint you can have the anchor in a shot you have a 1000 $ helmet

Thank you for your reasoning! Yes, I hurried to remove the paint, it was necessary to wait for the advice of experienced collectors.
    In its justification before themselves a I'd say,that the first time no one knew, for what this repainting was made...
    When I bought these two helmets other collectors are almost not interested, the price was not great. It made me think about what the kids could paint for the game)
    Best regards,Tim

Quote by Type4 View Post
    I not have doubt if paint go out easy i prefer remake it in original picture, late navy helmets are rare too, if down the paint you can have the anchor in a shot you have a 1000 $ helmet
    Thanks for your advice! The paint is erased for a long time, but very carefully. The bottom paint is not damaged. Looking at the chipped paint on the front rivet of the yellow paint is not viewed. I'll pause and leave the helmet in its current state...
    Best regards, Tim

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2