Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Type 30 Bayo National Denki with Frog

Article about: I picked up a fairly good example of what I would call a mid war Type 30 bayonet made by National Denki under Kokura supervision. The blade is minty and the scabbard has a couple of small di

Default Type 30 Bayo National Denki with Frog

I picked up a fairly good example of what I would call a mid war Type 30 bayonet made by National Denki under Kokura supervision. The blade is minty and the scabbard has a couple of small dings and surface rust, so not the best. I was more drawn in by the transitional rubberized frog that still has the leather strap. At least they are still usable unlike the rubberized strap.
    It all looks untouched too my eyes with a flat head bird pommel. I am not sure on the scabbard as I might have expected a flat tip and not a rounded one but that is beyond my knowledge base. These do not seem to be very common but I have seen a few in my local. I have not ever seen any production numbers from the many factories and not sure they exist. All opinions are welcome as I am here to learn.
    John

Type 30 Bayo National Denki with FrogType 30 Bayo National Denki with FrogType 30 Bayo National Denki with FrogType 30 Bayo National Denki with FrogType 30 Bayo National Denki with FrogType 30 Bayo National Denki with Frog

Labar has this model of Matsushita bayonet as common, scarcity 2 (1 is very common). As you say, it's in lovely condition. Probably originally issued in the later scabbard, but these earlier ones are nicer anyway. The frog is really nice.
    Cheers,
    Tony