Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Type 90 Helmet

Article about: Hello: Saw a Type 90 helmet, described as "rare large size". I have learned a few things to watch for, in terms of looking for replaced items. But not sure about this one. Any feed

?

Default Type 90 Helmet

Hello: Saw a Type 90 helmet, described as "rare large size". I have learned a few things to watch for, in terms of looking for replaced items. But not sure about this one. Any feedback would be welcome as to originality and condition. The seller is asking quite a premium price for it. Thank you.

Type 90 Helmet
    Type 90 Helmet
    Type 90 Helmet
    Type 90 Helmet
    Type 90 Helmet
    Type 90 Helmet
    Type 90 Helmet
    Type 90 Helmet
    Type 90 Helmet

The best you put up so far. I don't see any obvious red flags, but the liner looks mint while the shell shows use, so you'll need to check the rings for signs of a re-mating. Large is the common size, small is the rare one.

?

Star might be a replacement. I prefer to see paint and surface finish matching the shell. Large is most common size

I think the sum total of this equals a Japanese helmet but the paint looks like a brown overspray on green or such - could just be the lighting and/or surface rust. I agree with Jareth that the star stands out to me.

If you want a 100% "one look" original helmet this is not it - but buying this one depends on your preferences and budget and patience. They are out there.

You can at least ask him for a "common" small size, which must be much cheaper at that dealer.

?

Nick, that made me chuckle. Sounds like you know who the dealer is. His prices tend to border on the excessive, in some cases. And the descriptions can be a bit flowery. I thank everyone for providing guidance.

At the price being asked, it should plated in gold!

Showa 18 is 1943. This appears to be an intact helmet with a complete chin strap. I have no idea how much the dealer is asking but if it over $1K US then you can do better regarding price. I paid just under $800 for the one attached. Neil

Type 90 Helmet

?

Asking is 1,800 US.

Quote by Bobby View Post
    Asking is 1,800 US.
    US$1,800 Wow!! Might have to sprook up a couple of my Swedish helmets!!

At that price level you need to look for an XS size to get an earthly price.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast