Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Type 90 IJA Helmet w/ Blue Name

Article about: Hi everyone! I just got this helmet from a collector over on Wehrmacht Awards and I decided to share it here! The star has rounded prongs and it has dark black sand stuck behind the liner fl

Default Type 90 IJA Helmet w/ Blue Name

Hi everyone! I just got this helmet from a collector over on Wehrmacht Awards and I decided to share it here! The star has rounded prongs and it has dark black sand stuck behind the liner flaps. Also it has staining in the liner & chinstrap. I was fortunate enough to have another collector translate the Blue kanji, he believes its 下イ木乙 "shimoi kito". I'm looking forward to hearing your thoughts on this one and thanks for looking!

Stay safe,
    John
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Type 90 IJA Helmet w/ Blue Name   Type 90 IJA Helmet w/ Blue Name  

Type 90 IJA Helmet w/ Blue Name   Type 90 IJA Helmet w/ Blue Name  

?

Great looking combat helmet!

Looks like one name painted over another one.

Quote by RussM View Post
    Great looking combat helmet!

Looks like one name painted over another one.
    Thank you Russ! Yes it seems to have been a reissued piece, I only wanted one legit Japanese helmet for my collection so hopefully I made the right pick!

?

It's a great example of a well used, un-messed with combat helmet, exactly what I like. I'd be happy with it if I was to have just one!

MAP
    ?

Nice and honest. Congrats!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Pretty certain that I covered this one a couple of times — sure wish the translations accompanied sales/trades.

I thought it was 松下 Matsushita with some sort of イ code between the kanji:
    松 イ 下 as written today from left to right.
    下 イ 松 as it appears on the helmet.

— Guy
    Last edited by ghp95134; 08-31-2021 at 07:34 PM.

Thank you Guy! This helmet was posted on Wehrmacht Awards for review when the seller got it. I appreciate your translation! As long as the helmet is 100% authentic I wont be pulling my hair out about the translation.

?

Nice helmet John. I am glad to see you waited for a complete example. I am surprised the seller sold it, as he just got it and appeared to be very happy with it.

PG-

Quote by Paul G View Post
    Nice helmet John. I am glad to see you waited for a complete example. I am surprised the seller sold it, as he just got it and appeared to be very happy with it.

PG-
    Thank you Paul! I'm very glad I waited as well. I fell in love with the worn patina this one has, certainly a "been there" piece! One can only think he let this one go because he has many other beautiful Japanese helmets!

The helmet just arrived! It looks even better in hand. Here's it's resting spot along with my other Japanese items & helmets. Thanks again for everyones help!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Type 90 IJA Helmet w/ Blue Name   Type 90 IJA Helmet w/ Blue Name  

Type 90 IJA Helmet w/ Blue Name  

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast