Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Unknown medals possibly Japanese Medals?

Article about: Hello, I have recently acquired these four medals. I have no idea where they originate from, although there is some oriental stylised text on them. I am thinking perhaps Japanese or Chinese.

Default Unknown medals possibly Japanese Medals?

Hello, I have recently acquired these four medals. I have no idea where they originate from, although there is some oriental stylised text on them. I am thinking perhaps Japanese or Chinese. Please post your thoughts on them.

Thanks in advance.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Unknown medals possibly Japanese Medals?   Unknown medals possibly Japanese Medals?  

Unknown medals possibly Japanese Medals?   Unknown medals possibly Japanese Medals?  

Default Re: Unknown medals possibly Japanese Medals?

I think they are Chinese. Isn't that Mao on the one?
    Tom

totenkough
    ?

Yes they appear to be of Mao, due to the date I would think they would be for combat in the Autumn Offensive(A series of battles between communists and nationalists).At least thats what i think.

RTFREY
    ?

Not Japanese, but Chinese Communist.The ribbon type and suspension is typically Soviet style that was used by the Chinese.
    regards,
    Bob Frey

Thanks guys, that is great information. I will do some digging about using this.

?

These are recent fantasy medals sold to tourists in China. I see these on ebay often from Chinese sellers. Not much value, maybe $1-$5 if you are lucky enough to find somebody who collects these.

?

The upper left one is Chinese and reads:

In memory of the Anti-Japanese War

I don't read Chinese and the 2nd character from the left on the top line and the one above the 7 in the second line being indistinct make it difficult. The last four on the 1st line mean democratic allied forces. Characters 3 & 4 on the 2nd line may be a commander's name since the first two on the left mean commander. The last character means present/award.

Need better photos of the writing on the other medals, presently unreadable.

Thanks,

Tom

I agree with zzs8mm. These are Chinese fake medals.