Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Unknown military item

Article about: Found this in a batch of 1930s items. Not sure what it is. Round, metal, made of 2 pieces soldered (?), liquid still inside. The inscription roughly reads, 'Warm up in water and remove the l

OK, I'll just take the jump and warm it up. I was just worried if it was some kind of weapon, but most likely not. If I don't post about this again... drink one up for me. LOL

Guy, yeah got. screwed on my site being shut down (signed up with Yahoo in 2006... way outdated for sure), had COVID eff up shipping and, sorry to say, took a few close family members... so haven't been active much.

Let me know if you are ever in Kyushu!

Rich,

Sorry to hear about your losses due to COVID! ... and the site problems. I'll be in Tokyo in October and we'll probably buy a place in the 23 Wards within the next year or two; so there is a possibility we'll someday get to Kyushu ... but it's too sweaty-hot for my delicate nature (^__*)

Cheers,
    -- Guy

?

Hello
    I am Japanese. I'm a German military collector, so I'm not an expert on Japanese military.
    It's probably a tool that warms the liquid inside and warms hands.
    In the Edo period, there was a culture of using body warmers. In the early days, warmed stones were wrapped in cloth and used. As time progressed, it was possible to burn charcoal powder or use benzine. Currently, the mainstream is to use the heat of oxidation of iron powder.

And when you translate the Japanese written on the photo into English....

【How to use, boil it in a pot or remove the lid of a kettle and put it on.
    Do not put directly on fire】

Probably various things were made and disappeared in the long history of Cairo. I think this is one of them.

?

Quote by Kiipu View Post
    Some forty years ago, a member wrote in to a newsletter I subscribed to and asked what his Japanese bottle was for. It had writing on it and the outside was corrugated.
    While looking through the back issues, I ran across the drawing again.
    実用新案 = jitsuyō shin'an = utility model.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Unknown military item  

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2