Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Unknown recording, Soldier tells his story ??

Article about: I bought a large box of japanese mixt military stuff/junk type of box and found this cassette in this nice box in it. I have tried to translate the letter and it sems to be an old man thinki

Default Unknown recording, Soldier tells his story ??

I bought a large box of japanese mixt military stuff/junk type of box and found this cassette in this nice box in it. I have tried to translate the letter and it sems to be an old man thinking about past times.

The text on the plate in the box says "Commerades" and the name Masashi Sada.

Im thinking if someone did the work to record something and get a nice box like this it maybe could be of interrest for some of us to?

What do you senior guys here at the forum think?
    Anyone who wants to listen through it?

(I have tried to turn the pictures right but couldnt, i am sorry they are sideways..)

[QUOTE=TAHD2000;2236237]I bought a large box of japanese mixt military stuff/junk type of box and found this cassette in this nice box in it. I have tried to translate the letter and it sems to be an old man thinking about past times.

The text on the plate in the box says "Commerades" and the name Masashi Sada.

Im thinking if someone did the work to record something and get a nice box like this it maybe could be of interrest for some of us to?

What do you senior guys here at the forum think?
    Anyone who wants to listen through it?

(I have tried to turn the pictures right but couldnt, i am sorry they are sideways..)

Always crop your pictures so that they are wider than they are tall, and they will appear in the correct orientation.

Cheers,
    Steve

Sada Masashi was an extremely popular sing-a-song writer in the 1970s, but this song is new from 2004.

Inspired by his father's melancholic attitude after coming home from a meeting with his old WW2 comrades, it sings about the ambitions they had as youths and how the entire generation lost their youth as if Taro Urashima unwelcomely got his Tamatebako (treasure box) opened by someone else. He remembers the faces of his dying friends and every passing year fewer survivors sadly show up for their annual get togethers.

The tape must have been given out at some veteran's party. Here's a video of the song. But as that is one of his least known songs, I'll also provide his hit from 1979 here to do him justice, though I was never a fan of his.

Thanks Nick!
    So instead of some interresting war storries i found a singer song writers sad song about dads sad friends from the war! :-)
    I listened for a while but probaly wont go back to the songs again (but he had 7.7 million viwes) , hope you dont mind Nick! ;-)