Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

What do you all think of this?

Article about: I don't collect helmets, but when I saw this pic., I did not know what to make of it. Early fantasy? Legit? Granted, just a picture. Just seems like an odd duck. Thoughts? Tom

?

Default What do you all think of this?

I don't collect helmets, but when I saw this pic., I did not know what to make of it. Early fantasy? Legit? Granted, just a picture. Just seems like an odd duck. Thoughts?

Tom
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture What do you all think of this?  

MAP
    ?

Certainly not a WW2 German helmet. Rivet placement is wrong plus those two little pin sized rivets.

Shape is a bit odd as well but may be the angle of the photo

The Japanese Star and chin strap throws me (not sure what country the Kanji is from).

Not sure what it is.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Not sure about this helmet but the Japanese did use german helmets early in the war in China.

Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

?

The Japanese did use captured Chinese (German type) helmets occasionally, just as the Chinese used captured Japanese helmets. Having any helmet was better than not having one. But this one looks like someone tried to blend a German and Japanese helmet. The rivets (including the small ones for the chinstrap), the paint, the chinstrap, are all like a Japanese Type 90, and the shell shape and vent hole like a German M35. I'd say it's someone's fantasy project.

MAP
    ?

Where is the photo from? Any of the interior?

Would be interesting to know what the Kanji says.

Still not an original German shell unless someone stripped it, welded the old rivet holes up, and added new ones
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Thanks for all of the replies so far. The pic. was pulled from a completed auction on everybody's favorite auction site. This is the only shot taken, no interiors.

Tom

Has something to to with a boat/ship.

funa/fune/sen
    boat/ship/vessel

--Guy

I think its possibly a Hungarian helmet,

...but not M38.

?

This was a single photo which was on sale,I saw it this week I think.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast