Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

WW2 japanese Katana original or fake?

Article about: Hello everyone, I found this japanese katana and I need opinions because I'm not sure it's original. There aren't any markings or at lest the seller can't see them. What do you think? Thank

Default WW2 japanese Katana original or fake?

Hello everyone, I found this japanese katana and I need opinions because I'm not sure it's original, according to the seller it's from WW2. There aren't any markings or at least the seller can't see them. What do you think? Thank you for your answers. The seller fixed the price in 1000$. Regards.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW2 japanese Katana original or fake?   WW2 japanese Katana original or fake?  

WW2 japanese Katana original or fake?   WW2 japanese Katana original or fake?  

Attached Images Attached Images WW2 japanese Katana original or fake? 

Based on these photos only, I would not be willing to spend anywhere near $1000. on this sword.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Here you can't buy an original ww2 katana below 2000$, that's why it's an interesting deal. I can get more pics.

Quote by SilluAgain View Post
    Here you can't buy an original ww2 katana below 2000$, that's why it's an interesting deal. I can get more pics.
    You need much larger, and detailed photos of,
    The blade, and both sides of the tang, the handle.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Here are some photos. And I have a video, now I send the link
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW2 japanese Katana original or fake?   WW2 japanese Katana original or fake?  

DO NOT POST LINKS TO IMAGES OR VIDEOS

We have told members numerous times that outside hosting and links will not work after a while and the post will become useless.

I would suggest that you review our forum rules please on posting images,

Smitty

PLEASE REVIEW OUR FORUM RULES: SEE BELOW..

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/techn...ns-how-advice/

Sorry Rakkasan187, so I can't post videos?

Sillu,

If you use an external link and not the forums internal links for posting images they will disappear.

You can try to upload a video but again the risk is that it may disappear, and the link will be useless.

Is there any specific reason that you need to post a video rather than photos of the Katana?

Smitty

Blade looks like it was cut down to wakizashi-size from possibly a tachi. The groove goes all the way to the bottom of the cut-off tang and the rust appears ancient. The tsuba looks like a tachi-style "aoi-gata" [hollyhock shape] tsuba -- these were also made in the Showa-era, so no telling (by me!) how old it is. Also, the handle wrap is typical tachi style, whereas the kashira [pommel] is han-dachi [half-tachi] style.

Again, tachi mounts were made in the Showa-era as well, so this would not necessarily be an indicator of age. Right now that only indicator is the type of rust on the nakago [tang].

Cheers,
    -- Guy

The blade size is 50 cm, and all the sword sizes 75 cm

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast