Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

WW2 katana

Article about: Im being offered this katana for my Uboat binoculars and I want to know what you guys think of the sword and if you think the trade is fair? Ill include a link to a thread showing my binocul

?

Default WW2 katana

Im being offered this katana for my Uboat binoculars and I want to know what you guys think of the sword and if you think the trade is fair? Ill include a link to a thread showing my binoculars. Thanks in advance!

Link to Uboat binoculars: https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/field...culars-231003/

All the best,
    Stefan

WW2 katana
    WW2 katana
    WW2 katana

Default Re: WW2 katana

I know next to nothing about Jap swords but the one shown looks to me to be a military issue and not a family piece and therefore I would hang onto the binoculars. Other will know more I am sure but thats where I am at.
    D.

?

From what ive been told it is forged military issue from the 30's, is it worth it?

I think that these swords are not that rare as your KM binoculars... So IMO if you go ahead with the trade you'll get something less expensive than what you're giving. On the other hand you got these for $30 so it's not a loss!
    The real thing is what you want more, the sword or the binos?
    I don't know i would have done... Swords are something that catches your eye but KM binos worth a lot!

?

Any other opinions?

?

Quote by thekid View Post
    Any other opinions?
    If machine made/non-traditional (showato), then likely not a great trade. If gendito, then worth perhaps 2-3G, based on smith and condition.

A full pic of the tang (nakago) both sides would be good. If any stamps other than a star it's showato.

HTHs

Very odd to see a Showa era blade with two holes in the tang. As previously requested by Dr. Data, full pictures of the tang are necessary. It has the value of any WW2 era produced blade. If a true hand made blade, the two holes reduces the value.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

stick with the bins.

So far I can read the first three kanji:

佐藤兼...
    Satou Kane....

We really need a photo of the full tang to get the smith's name. BOTH sides.

--Guy

?

Ive asked the guy to send me extra pics, ill update the thread once he has sent them to me. Thabks for the help so far

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast