Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Ww2 naval sword

Article about: Hello all, Real quick... I only have a few pics but have an opportunity to purchase this sword. Always loved the naval swords and this one appears to be in decent condition. There’s signif

Default Ww2 naval sword

Hello all,

Real quick... I only have a few pics but have an opportunity to purchase this sword. Always loved the naval swords and this one appears to be in decent condition. There’s significant finish loss on all the gold fittings. The blade appears in decent condition with no signature. The skin on the saya also appears to be decent. $700 $800 in the ball field?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ww2 naval sword   Ww2 naval sword  

Ww2 naval sword   Ww2 naval sword  

Ww2 naval sword  

A few more pics... blade at the end is scratched up...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ww2 naval sword   Ww2 naval sword  

Ww2 naval sword  

If that is the asking price - it's a steal! Late war kai, by the cruder quality of the metal fittings and the lack of same', simply black painted wood under the ito. Blade is nice, except, like you say, the scratches at the tip.

Kai normally sell in the $2,000 range (well, they did before COVID). So, that pricing is quite low. I'd say it could sell for $1,200.

Hi Bruce,

Long story short. I made a bid on this sword about a month ago. It was actually part of a two sword for one price auction. The other sword has an imitation blade (It looks like a reproduction). Anyways, I made a bid of $800 and watched the auction live. When this lot came up for bid, I was the high bidder for a few minutes then it showed the lot was passed. No reason given and no winner. I didn’t question it and just assumed a reserve wasn’t met or they removed it for some reason.

Fast forward to last week, I get an email saying I won the two sword auction and please remit payment (With auction fees $925 plus shipping). Totally unexpected... I purchased that REAL type 32 sword a few days after this auction ended. So, I asked the action company what happened because the lot showed passed, and they said it was a glitch. Now I’m deciding whether to purchase or pass...

I’ve added the pics in the listing of the other sword... don’t think it’s worth much but maybe could sell on eBay for the added fees for the Kia gunto?

Ww2 naval sword  

One more
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ww2 naval sword  

That second one is not Japanese made. But you would do fine by keeping the first one. Added to its value is the sword retention cord, as those are hard to come by.

?

....if retention cord is uncut & complete

?

Second sword is a blunt edge alloy blade made in Japan. Not worth more than 80 $

?

Kaigunto with stainless blade and sharkskin saya. Some one messed the blade.

Thanks everybody for the info....

I asked if the consigner would be willing to sell the swords separately. I don’t think he will and knows the second sword is basically worthless. I made an offer but doubt they will accept. I would be more incline to offer a higher amount if the fittings were in better shape and somebody didn’t scratch the crap out of the tip.

I think there’s better pieces out there for the money... never hurts to ask I guess.

Once again, thanks to all...
    D