Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

WWII Japanese satchel contents

Article about: [Hello group, I inherited a WWII relic from my late father-in-law, collected from the battlefield on Guam in 1944 that I would like to explore the meaning and value of. The relic consists of

The pack's owner was Shibata Norio. Was Hori Eijiro the presenter of the flag or the owner of it?

Thanks,

S

I'm going to post the contents of the satchel in the order I unpacked and scanned/photographed them, so there'll be a little overlap and multiple views of things.

S

WWII Japanese satchel contentsWWII Japanese satchel contentsWWII Japanese satchel contentsWWII Japanese satchel contentsWWII Japanese satchel contentsWWII Japanese satchel contentsWWII Japanese satchel contentsWWII Japanese satchel contentsWWII Japanese satchel contentsWWII Japanese satchel contentsWWII Japanese satchel contentsWWII Japanese satchel contentsWWII Japanese satchel contentsWWII Japanese satchel contentsWWII Japanese satchel contentsWWII Japanese satchel contentsWWII Japanese satchel contentsWWII Japanese satchel contentsWWII Japanese satchel contentsWWII Japanese satchel contentsWWII Japanese satchel contentsWWII Japanese satchel contentsWWII Japanese satchel contentsWWII Japanese satchel contentsWWII Japanese satchel contentsWWII Japanese satchel contentsWWII Japanese satchel contents

?

It is no doubt a great grouping of bring backs, but I don't believe everything came from the same soldier. There are different names attached to items throughout the grouping. The yellow postal deposit booklet, for example, has a unit code for someone in the 11th Division. Imo, a variety of souvenirs picked up over time and gathered into the leather map case.

Tom

What can you tell me about what appear to be Buddhist prayers and charms above? There's an aluminum Buddha mixed in with them.

Thanks,

S

Quote by snitwort View Post
    The pack's owner was Shibata Norio. Was Hori Eijiro the presenter of the flag or the owner of it?

Thanks,

S
    Hori was the recipient of the flag. As Tom said this is a nice collection from diverse people.

The first fan that you posted is written:
    必勝
    Hisshou
    Certain Victory

— Guy
    Last edited by ghp95134; 05-17-2021 at 10:42 PM.

The Manchurian Red Cross diploma is named to:
    二之宮
    Ninomiya
    (ni-no-miya)

Wonderful items
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

MAP
    ?

Agree. A great grouping of bring back items. Can you post the Katana as well?
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Default Katana pictures

Thanks to the internet, I now know how to examine my sword's tang. I'll post pix of it in daylight tomorrow. In the meantime here are probably too many pictures of the katana.

Thanks to all who responded

S

WWII Japanese satchel contentsWWII Japanese satchel contentsWWII Japanese satchel contentsWWII Japanese satchel contentsWWII Japanese satchel contentsWWII Japanese satchel contentsWWII Japanese satchel contentsWWII Japanese satchel contentsWWII Japanese satchel contentsWWII Japanese satchel contentsWWII Japanese satchel contentsWWII Japanese satchel contentsWWII Japanese satchel contentsWWII Japanese satchel contentsWWII Japanese satchel contentsWWII Japanese satchel contentsWWII Japanese satchel contentsWWII Japanese satchel contentsWWII Japanese satchel contentsWWII Japanese satchel contentsWWII Japanese satchel contentsWWII Japanese satchel contentsWWII Japanese satchel contentsWWII Japanese satchel contentsWWII Japanese satchel contentsWWII Japanese satchel contentsWWII Japanese satchel contentsWWII Japanese satchel contentsWWII Japanese satchel contentsWWII Japanese satchel contentsWWII Japanese satchel contents

Alas, the tang is too rusted to make out a signature, if there was one to be found. Sorry about the improper orientation of the tang in the pictures

S

WWII Japanese satchel contentsWWII Japanese satchel contents

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast