Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Yet Another Variation!!

Article about: I hope you are all having A nice Memorial Day weekend.I was happy to see hundreds more flags waving in my subdivision than I have seen before.It makes me proud to see that patriotism and res

Default Yet Another Variation!!

I hope you are all having A nice Memorial Day weekend.I was happy to see hundreds more flags waving in my subdivision than I have seen before.It makes me proud to see that patriotism and respect are still alive in this nation. My thanks to Phil for starting a great thread "Memorial Day! SHOW YOUR PICS!!!!" I have to admit it was a little difficult posting the photos, but as I watch the others come in, it shows the common bonds we all share. It also serves to remind us all that our hobby is a much more serious matter than say..Beenie Babies (Although I did see a fist fight break out at a Beenie Babies convention in the hotel we were staying at for a Militaria show) I am glad that there are so many others who enjoy learning and preserving this important part of the worlds history!

On a lighter note I thought I would post some pics of an unusual helmet I recently added to my collection.As most of you know I have a fondness for some of the Civil Defense related items so here is another odd variation for discussion. The crown of the helmet is steel and the other components are made of a composite material similar to Vulcanfiber that is riveted to the crown.The liner is the typical loose weave fabric seen in Civil Defense helmets and the liner also has the attachment loops for the neck protection flaps.The styling is reminiscent of an older samurai style helmet.I must admit it is a little odd looking but I cant help but love it! As with most Civil helmets something was better than nothing! Regards,Geoff
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Yet Another Variation!!   Yet Another Variation!!  

Yet Another Variation!!   Yet Another Variation!!  

Yet Another Variation!!   Yet Another Variation!!  

?

Great helmet.
    Steve.

?

Wow, that's an unusual one Geoff!

There are so many variations in civil helmets, a great subject to collect!

Regards

Russ