Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Yosegaki Hinomaru

Article about: Hello. Being a new member on this forum, I wanted to know if I am allowed to post pictures of Yosegaki Hinomaru (or purported to be Yosegaki Hinomaru). And if any forum members can translate

?

Default Yosegaki Hinomaru

Hello. Being a new member on this forum, I wanted to know if I am allowed to post pictures of Yosegaki Hinomaru (or purported to be Yosegaki Hinomaru). And if any forum members can translate some of the main names or phrases. Also, if any forum members have feedback as to the authenticity of the flag. I know that are fakes and post war flags being circulated.
    Thank you.

?

Default Additional Information

Hello: After reviewing some earlier posts from other people on this forum I see that there have been pictures of Yosegaki Hinomaru posted. So I will go ahead and post some pictures of one flag that I have seen. Note what appears to be a face and several shrine stamps. Hopefully I will not offend anyone on this forum. Any help with translation and feedback on authenticity would be appreciated. Thank you!Yosegaki HinomaruYosegaki HinomaruYosegaki HinomaruYosegaki HinomaruYosegaki HinomaruYosegaki HinomaruYosegaki HinomaruYosegaki HinomaruYosegaki HinomaruYosegaki Hinomaru

MAP
    ?

No offence. These are all pieces of history.

Someone should be around to provide you with an opinion on authenticity. And hopefully some of our members who can translate this flag will see this thread.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Thank you MAP. By the way, I enjoyed your signature statement. Very much something that I understand!

It's a decent original example, but the photos are too fragmentary or too small for translation. If you do get it, post better photos.

?

Thank you Nick for your feedback. Whenever I see Yosegaki Hinomaru I am always concerned that they are not authentic. The small drawing of the face made me suspicious as I have never seen a drawing like it on other flags. If I obtain this flag then I will post additional pictures. The same person with this flag also has two other flags available. I will start another thread with these two additional flags. I welcome your feedback on them as well.
    Regards,
    Bobby

here is my face flag
    For Mr.Hoshino Saburo (星野三郎), on his departure to Philippine (渡比). 8 Jan 1944.

Presenter was not clearly shown. Each person gave their age under their signature.
    Near the face a message reads;
    荒熊さん元気で頑張ってきて下さい

荒熊さん (arakuma-san) means 'Mr. harsh bear'. 元気で頑張ってきて下さい is roughly 'May you be fine and hang in there'. I suppose he was a little rugged and the face was Hoshino's portrait.
    Yosegaki HinomaruYosegaki HinomaruYosegaki HinomaruYosegaki HinomaruYosegaki Hinomaru

others said it is not Mr. harsh bear it is just his name.
    ((Normally one would just say it means Mr (or Ms.) Arakuma. Just like if you met somebody named Mr Goldstein you wouldn’t extrapolate it to say it means Mr Gold Stone. It’s just a name. Yes there are underlying root meanings like most names but it’s just a name.))

That one for send-off to the Philippines was probably for a civilian immigrating or being sent on business there. Certainly not worded to a soldier going to war.

i have been told that someone suggested he immigrated to the Philippines?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast